Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding

Yes, I know that there is a new blog photo, and it is so awesome. I have a post in progress discussing the "Laurie, Dave and the Little Monsters" Christmas card from whence this photo originated, but there is something oh so more important that I need to share with you all, right now, this second. I know that you are all glued to the television watching the Royal Wedding...ok, maybe that's just me, but our own local correspondent was right on the spot. ...right on the spot, right outside Westminster Abbey. She saw the Beckhams, the Elton Johns, Harry, and Wills all walking into the Abbey and sent just for us, just for you, this AWESOME, INCREDIBLE photo of the happy couple.  You're welcome.


Can you even believe it??? Here they are. And Annie McKeon was right there. She took this photo with her phone. That's how close she was to the action. Ok, she didn't get the invite, but she did get the pics. What an amazing experience for her. From what I can gather, she and her British friend Joelyn (sp?--that's a boy's name, not surprisingly, they call him "Joe") something, something Smith, snagged a perfect spot right on the parade route and camped out over night. I'm sure it was a blast and obviously a once in a lifetime experience. And  you can all share in that coolness via my hipster, international blog.

Seriously, though, even watching it on TV was pretty impressive. Princess Catherine looked incredible, Prince William looked regal and Prince Harry seemed to be really enjoying himself. The thing that impressed me the most was the decorum of the British people. When they were all walking from Westminster Abbey (right about where Laurie McKeon made a wrong turn on her running route) to Buckingham Palace for the kiss, no one was pushing, shoving,  or Jersey shoring it up in any way en route. Even when that new mob stood in front of all the people who had been there waiting for hours to see the kiss, no one through a fit or a punch in protest. I fear that if this happened in the US, it would have been another Who concert experience...And the British people seemed so delighted about the whole thing, really into it, really excited...genuinely pleased for the Royal Family and for their nation. It was kind of cool...and I'm so glad Annie got to feel the whole vibe.

 Enjoy the photo, enjoy this royal day and take the time to remember your own special events that brought out the best in your family, friends and loved ones. Hooray for love.

9 comments:

  1. Totally awesome -- even for someone not following very closely. So exciting!!!!
    Horray for love! This very day I almost threw out my wedding ring. Couldn't find it and retraced my steps to throwing away (roughly 10!) bandaid wrappers from Carson this am. Dug through the ever disgusting bathroom garbage to find it! Horray for love and marriage FOR SURE! That mistake almost cost Brian a pretty penny as we embark on our 20th anniversary this June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cool, lucky girl! Sara, early congrats & glad you found your ring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! Love it and am thrilled for Annie! The girls and I watched the wedding and Olivia is enamored with the whole thing. Have to confess I am too, much to my surprise.

    Couldn't agree more re: the decorum and grace. Lovely, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snore! Just saying. Anyone who watches this crap is a pu$$y. It would have been much better had there been fights in the streets. The only saving grace is that Kate is one HOTTIE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could swear I saw you watching the wedding on Fox News this morning on your computer.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did set my alarm....and enjoyed the wedding. It definitely was worth it!!! My husbnd said a guy could get beat up for watching it! I'm sure Annie will never forget her experience. Prince Harry is my favorite.....and I don't care what Camilla wears...she is just butt ugly! I wonder what Princess Diana would have worn as the mother of the groom. Despite the beauty of it all....it still was sad without her. I was hoping Kate would have worn her tiara.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Judy, Camilla is just awful. It was sad Diana wasn't there. But Kate was a beautiful bride.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, tried to post friday but was blocked out. Lovely picture. I was up at 4am to watch the festivities. I even shed a tear(probably shouldn't admit that).I would have been right there along side annie if I could have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only reason I watched the royal wedding?
    One word, "PIPPA"

    ReplyDelete