Before we get to the scoring, the chart, and the winners, I just want to thank each and every one of you. This contest exceeded my expectations all the way around. The blog ticker went sky high, we all made some new friends, (John and Rob--you can thank me later for your budding bromance and Jessica, let me know when you are in town--we need to have lunch, drinks, dinner or all of the above. Karla, we need to meet in person because after counting the last set of votes, I think I need to confirm that you are indeed a human and not a robot--and ask your niece if she knows any of my kids…if she does, tell her I apologize in advance) but even more importantly, you guys had me laughing EVERY single day. There were so, so, so many funny captions and comments. Who knew just how clever you all could be? (I'm talking to you, Joann Speca) And who knew just how many oddities every one "saw" and described in the pictures/photos? (crotchtacular anyone?) And how many new words we would all create? If you ever get the chance, go back and reread some of the captions--you will start laughing all over again. Truly, thanks for the rocking good time--it made the Lenten season fly by.
Now that Lent and Lentertainment are over, please, don't be strangers. Stop by, read the blog and post a comment or two for old time sake. (It's going to be very hard going from the over 1,100 comments that the last post generated to the single digits again…) I promise we will do another contest, but not for a few months (I need a break and I'm sure you all do, too). AND we will have a blog party/reunion at some point this summer--(Karla and Judy's entire posse will be invited so we can make sure they are real and try to figure out just how the hell Judy got them all to keep casting those votes. Seriously, it was some sort of crazy, ass phenomenon).
Ok, the here is the scoring Chart--don't freak out and please keep reading as it requires a bit of explanation which you will find below the chart:
Quantity--every single caption on the Nuns having Fun photo got a point, so yeah…that took some time. AND the old captions that Stacy applied to this new, nun photo garnered a point for the original author, AND a point for Stacy--who by the way, was a total captioning machine with 133 whopping big, HUGE captions--nice, nice job, Stacy. I like your strategy and your Bob Freund caption was genius. Hall of Fame for you.
Quality--you know how that one works, and I must say, with over 400 captions, it was super hard to narrow it down to just 15 great ones. Thanks to Nate "Bad Will (egg) Hunting" McKeon for assisting with the final Top 15-I appreciate your efforts and willingness to help sift through the captions--an extra pair of large check Chubbieshorts for you--I know…Chris will be SO pissed…
- Judy literally had well over 600 votes--I know because I counted every, single f'ng one of them. For that she got 50 points and she earned EVERY single one of them, because she singlehandedly brought several new people to the blog--thanks, Judy. You are a fierce competitor.
- John made a truly valiant effort and entered over 300 votes himself. AND he made a lamb cake mid voting. For this very impressive effort, he was awarded 40 voting points
- Rob and Stacy had a bit over 40 votes a piece (Stacy's were more comments than votes but they were hilariously hilarious) and for that, they got 30 big points
- Linda and Jessica each had 9 votes…which gained them 20 voting points (I know--like shooting fish in a barrel, isn't it??)
- Nate and Tricia both got a vote, and as a result got 10 super easy points.
Extra credit--Extra credit was super hard to award. I had 1,000 points to give away, but really struggle in how to divvy it up.
- Judy had to be rewarded for the impressive voting record, AND for all the new, very funny traffic she channeled to the blog. Karla, Mary Werwie, Pope John XXIII, Sr. Jovita, Paul, son John, Leo, Grace Montemurro and all the others that voted for Judy not only help the ticker move, but also added a ton to the Lentertainment value of the season. For that, Judy got 100 large points.
- John shared great Catholic school stories and day in and out a ton of great captions, comments and links to knowledge that I really appreciated--and I really did watch the nun-monster truck video. He, too, got 100 points of extra credit.
- Rob owned the personal sharing portion of the competition and excelled in sucking up to the blogmaster. This did not go unnoticed and as such, Rob also got 100 big points. I know, I know--that doesn't really change the end result, but I did want to acknowledge the efforts of all
- Stacy got 200 extra credit points because her 133 captions were pure and utter quality. She had me cracking up the entire weekend, (which was fine because technically speaking, Lent was over, right?) and capped it all off with the great, great comments during the voting…I loved her "Hey, Mary Werwie, do you have a dog?" comments. Such a perfect strategy. So well played, Stacy. Very well done. Btw? Was Seebeck's really having a sale??
- Finally, and I warned you that Extra Credit is incredibly random--I awarded 500 points to Rob's wife Jean, because once I heard the 7 lb plus twin comment--(yeah, Rob, super smart of you not to mention just how heavy your big boy twins were to the woman who carried them attached to her body for nine long months) I really felt I had to recognize this achievement. Seriously, TWO over 7 lb babies at one time? My eyes about popped out of my head when I read that…Hooray for you, Jean Fredrickson. I hope Rob properly rewarded you for that incredible accomplishment….and continues to do so.
Game Changer: During the voting portion of the last photo, Marie asked if she could gift her points to Linda. I read the rule book several times and could not find anything precluding this per se, so I granted Marie's request….Marie is going on a pilgrimage to Rome and I really need her to put in a good word for me with the big guy, (especially after this contest) so, I'm pretty much going to do whatever she asks…and she was such a terrific competitor that I have a hard time denying this selfless request. Adding Marie's 422 points to Linda's total gives her a whopping 1009 points which is astounding and kind of awesome, However, that puts me in a bit of a dilemma…. which I think I've resolved quite nicely… because you all know I'm always, always thinking.
Here's how it all shakes out:
- First Place--Judy and Linda will BOTH win Tory Burch totes, because OF COURSE I bought two of them, because I knew something like this would happen…I've done this before and always err on the side of generosity. (don't you remember the Fit Club contest?? which Judy also won...) So, congrats to both of you. You were both terrific and worthy competitors. I am very glad these totes are going to such great homes. Enjoy them in good health and let me know when and where to drop them off. Also, I hope that you ladies will allow Karla and Marie, respectively, to tote the tote every now and again, as these two women were quite instrumental in your victories…well done, one and all...
- Second Place--John, you are the second place winner and are bringing home the CASH. Yes, cash is king and so are you. The $100 visa gift card is yours and you earned EVERY single penny of it. In addition, because you are such a great sport and so very, very funny, you will also receive a "Bringing Home the Bacon" Tasting Box from Sugarfina, for bringing home the bacon in this competition. Nicely, nicely done--and seriously, if you want to play a round of golf at the Creek, let me know. However, you may have to play with my sons, so you might want to rethink that …
- Third Place--the $50 worth of Chipolte gift cards AND the sugarfina candies (ONE Cocktail Tasting Box and ONE Bringing Home the Bacon Tasting Box) go to our very own Rob Fredrickson. FYI--those combined 15 lbs of twin babies are now about 500lbs of big man twins. I hope they enjoy Chipolte, because $50 will may buy one meal for your twin towers of sons…You were a very tough competitor and wrestled the lead from Judy on more than one occasion. We are all very glad that you threw your captioning hat into the ring. Every single round, you made me laugh again and again. Thanks for being in the game.
- Finally, I have a few consolation prizes for those of you who consistently captioned, voted, chimed in and added to the fun. Stacy, Jessica, Tricia, Joann, Sue E, Kiki, Jan--basically any competitor with over 300 points will get a lovely box of candy from Sugarfina…(their tasting boxes are terrific). Those of you who live out of town, email or FB message me and I will ship the candy to you. Sue E, I'm not sure how well the candy will transport over seas--We may need to work something out… And yes, Marie and Jean Fredrickson will get some candy, as well. You've both earned it, with your giving natures, you are the embodiment of Lentertainment. Congrats all the way around.
- And honestly, everybody is a winner with Lentertainment…good fun, big laughs and new friends. What more can you ask for?
Thanks again to everyone who captioned, voted, read, or shared this blog. Keep coming back… I will do my best to keep you entertained--and who knows, we may be doing an Adventertainment contest come December….