Wednesday, April 13, 2011

H & L: SCORES AND MORE

Here's the good news: Stacy--God Bless her and her big time engineering skills--put together a FABULOUS spread sheet recording all the scores and totalling them for me. This is beyond huge because I have no real skill or patience for this type of stuff. Let's just cut to the chase here--she will be awarded many, many EC points for this task. It's like some voodoo magic to me, so I have to reward it with BIG extra credit points. Here's the bad news: I don't know how to cut and paste it into this post (or any post for that matter).  So, I'm totally putting it out there, whoever can master that little insurmountable task will be awarded accordingly.  But, according to Stacy--who just took my calculations (that could be problematic) and put them in her spread sheet--here's the big grand total of the Holy and Lowly scores before todays' scoring. :
John: 115
Jamarcus: 99
Judy: 98
Stacy: 93
Suechi: 82
Tricia;79
Kim: 72
Mrs.Sarge: 68
Amy: 55
Irish Pete: 25

Frankly, John is way out in front, followed by Jamarc, Judy and Stacy (and we all know that Stacy is climbing the ranks after tonight's EC). Then we've got another group led by Suechi, Tricia, Kim and Mrs. Sarge. Amy is hanging in there, and Irish Pete will soon be making his move. I can feel it. Please remember that as we slide into Holy Week, the final week of this competition, the EC points will just keep getting higher and thus, everyone still has a shot at victory (and the Tiffany bead bracelet). I also want to remind you all to keep paying attention to the blog because the timing of the posts will be all over the place, depending on my schedule, and as we have seen, those speed points really add up. And be prepared, tomorrow's post and super special questions will be up around 2pm, because we have to leave for the airport around 3pm, so don't say I didn't warn you. BOOM! 

Tricia, of course I am going to the Hermes store...just try and stop me. Harrods, Harvey Nichol, Burberry, Asprey, ...it's like a trip to the Holy Land.. If there is time, I will probably go into a museum, but I'm not writing it in stone...Tricia, when to spirit moves you, feel free to stop by and kick some sense into the shidiots. My mom will be around as well (someone has to do the laundry), but she's getting kind of old and has kind of lost her ass kicking abilities. Also, feel free to drive by the house early and often. And if you see Posey wandering around the city, please pick her up and take her to Children's Services because her brothers either forgot her, or got arrested...(it could happen)

As you all know now, the correct answers are Bethsaida is where Andrew is from, and Justin was conceived during Homecoming and his dad owns a string of car washes.
Here are the scores from last night (which you will need to add to the scores above to get the very latest update---or just wait for Stacy to do it for you--that's my plan)
John: 2 for being right, 3 for being first with the holy=5
Pete: 2 for being right, 3 for being first with the lowly=5 (told you he was making his move)
Judy: 2 for correctness, 2 for being second with the holy=4
Stacy: 2 for correctness, 2 for being second with the lowly=4
SueChi: 2 for being right, 1 for Holy third place=3
Louis: 2 for being right, 1 for Lowly third place=3
Chris, Tricia, Kim, Mrs.Sarge, Amy (we missed you!) and Larry (we missed you, too, Mr. Sanchez)--you all earned your 2 points. Well done. Now, time for Extra, Extra Credit.
Stacy: I am giving you 15, yes, 15 Extra Credit points--You earned every one of them by putting together that super sweet spread sheet. (and for the Monk Malloy/Sara Pond joke--loved it) Plenty more where that came from if you promise to do all of  my spread sheets while I am in grad school, --19 GIANT points for you tonight. And you are now right on Johns heels. He is so hearing footsteps--remember, everyone is still in this thing.
Tricia: 10 EC Points for the Burberry nun joke, and for offering to knock around the shids...Feel free...12 points for you. (do you really want me to get that Hermes bracelet for you? the exchange rate kind of sucks. If I were you I would order it from the Michigan Ave. store and have it shipped--save a ton on sales tax)
MrsSarge: 5 points for saying such nice things about the power of the blog...Once again, Miss Congeniality--hey, BTW, did Jason give you a moving gift/reward yet? Let him know that I will be happy to pick up a little something for you in London...
that is a full 30 EC points and I think I will stop there. Keep those comments, jokes, niceties coming. Starting tomorrow, I will be awarding 50 EC points, all in 10 point increments...the fastest, best way to narrow the gap...Bring your A game and a fine sense of timing...It's on.

Here are today's questions:
  1. In what way was Asa afflicted in his old age?
  2. In the Old Navy commercial with that song "Shine On", how much do the cardis they advertise at the end of the commercial cost? 
I am seriously so trying to get a trivia question that cannot be googled in a nanosecond. Good luck with these questions and be ready early for tomorrows' set. Make me proud.

No top ten, we need to move on here.

52 comments:

  1. The Old Navy Commmercial With Shine On features dresses from $15 and Cropped Cardis for $8.00. Stop Fucking with me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and he was afflicted with a foot disease

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! I meant cardis--it was a combination of bad vision and even worse typing!! Once again, John rules--go back and look at the blog--I already edited out my mistake--whheeeww, that was a close one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asa was afflicted with a severe foot disease, many scholars suspect Asa had gout. just thought I'd throw that out there

    ReplyDelete
  5. jpulera is right tho, online the capris are 32.50. but the cardis are $8 woman

    ReplyDelete
  6. So an Old Navy Commercial walked into a bar and got all ef'd up. Just Saying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2) correction...start at $19.50

    ReplyDelete
  8. John, Stop your fussing--the mistake was quickly corrected AND you got BOTH speed points...Even with me trying to level the playing field you are still lapping the field...Are all the commercials on line, too??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laurie, you said"cardis"....I initially thought you said "capris".

    Capris...$32.50

    I believe "cardis" start at $19.50

    ReplyDelete
  10. By the way Laurie, we DVR Modern Family whilst watching American Idol, you need to try harder. Technology is a wonderful thing. It's not just Google anymore. BOOM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. jpulera there are actually some for only 12.97

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jamarcus...I'm counting on your correct answer for 1) foot disease/gout

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even If I don't win this thing I'm coming to a few tailgates at ND this year. I want to Darty with Jamarcus and SYL. Is loitering permitted?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jamarcus thanks....I'll add 12.97 also to question #2

    Got home from work late tonite....so I missed the timing of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cropped Cardis for $8.00

    foot disease

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't mean to sound stupid...but is it "capris" or "cardis/cardigans"?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Laurie - So I gather you are looking for a way to post the "Official H&L Score Sheet" on your blog?

    You have a couple of options:

    Option 1: Print a PDF of the score sheet, convert it to a JPEG and place it as a picture.

    Option 2: Convert the Excel File that Stacy made you into a google document and share it in read only mode to everyone. The link could be accessed at anytime and you could update it just like the excel file.

    I would be happy to help by providing a training session for you. Cost will be on quart of Quality Dave McKeon Long Islands and 45 minutes of your time. There will also need to be a guarantee that the blog post made after the said training session would not be made until an adequate amount of time has passed to allow me to get home to continue my speed domination.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Asa was afflicted with a foot disease and the cardis are$8.00

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay...Sue, I'm assuming you are correct on the cardis....so like for the third time...changing my answer for 2) $8.00

    ReplyDelete
  20. Laurie - John's solution will work... I will send you a JPEG tomorrow morning from work and you should be able to put it in the blog like you put in that cute picture of 5 year old Pete.

    Speaking of pictures, will you be keeping us updated on the high points of your trip? Put in a few of your photos - you know, of designer shoes, bags and tiaras?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Option 2 is better!

    SEE THIS LINK

    http://goo.gl/BtZp7

    Louis will be pissed cuz I don't have his score in here.

    Stacy I can give you access to edit this if you want to remain the official and impartial score keeper

    ReplyDelete
  22. The song in the Old Navy Commercial is actually called Don't Hide Your Shine. By Matthew Ray. Ma

    Mr. Ray's backstory is quite incredible. He was born in Liechtenstein and as is the tradition in that country, was forced out the house at the ripe age of 4 and 11/13 (Liechtenstein operates on a 13 month calendar) years old. Alone in this cold land, Matt befriended a rabie ridden coyote and retired gamecock. Together, the cock and coyote raised young Matthew, helping him hone his musical talents. Matt would bay at the moon and then crow at the sun's rise. Once he was 7 the coyote and gamecock decided to cash in on Matthew's skills and sold him into slavery (humans are worth more than music).

    Devastated, Matthew sang the blues while picking turnips and tending to the squirrels on the farm/plantation. Matt's luck all changed when his master heard him singing while bathing the squirrels. After hearing his soulful voice, his master shanked him and threw him on the streets (his luck changed from bad to worse if you didn't understand). Not knowing what to do in his predicament, Matt did the only thing he was good at-nothing. Everyone hated him.

    While giving an inside look at being a country that is worse than America, Geraldo Rivera found Matt and smuggled him to the states to settle his debts, knowing no one in the Liechtenstein would miss him. Before Geraldo could even learn matt's name, he bet matt in a high stakes boxing match against John Stossel in the legendary bout of the stache. As everyone knows, John Stossel beat Geraldo's ass, winning Matt Ray. This is bc Stossel is the man and Geraldo is a pussy. Under the wing of Stossel, Matt learned the intricacies of the free market and how to be a smart consumer. Matt's great flaw though, was his inability to grow a mustache. Devastated that he couldn't give Matt his power and make Matt a true rags to riches tale, Stossel gave Matt to a man all too familiar with failure and mediocrity-Bob Saget. With Saget as his father, Matt developed that gay, girly voice of his. Before he knew it, Full House was dubbing Matt's cries over the Olsen's.

    With such success, Matt decided to act, taking the stage name of "James Van Der Beek." Little did he know there was an actor with a really big forehead with that very same name. Van Der Beek and his big head got Matt Ray blacklisted for identity theft. It seemed Matt's rise was over. He retreated to Saget's garage, was forced to laugh at Bob's jokes and was reduced to rollerblading to get from place to place. Right when he thought his life couldn't get any worse Old Navy sent a carrier pigeon.

    I think we all know what happens next: Matt wrote "Don't Hide Your Shine" based off his time with the squirrels. He then proceeded to channel his inner squirrel and belt it out in a high voice for to a saucy seniorita in a dress. The rest is history. It's a tale as old as time.

    All I have to say is go back to Liechtenstein Matthew Ray... if that is your real name.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That story is completely true and accurate

    ReplyDelete
  24. I will let you two figure it out. Some one just tell me what to do--

    And I apologize, the Old Navy clothing item that I was refering to was the cardis, the cardis, not the capris (I have some eye issues---like I can't see) Please do not give me any answers about capris--Geez, one tiny mistake and John goes Hinckely--and by the way, I refuse to DVR because I hate to admit that the television in any way rules my life.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dude, can I have some of what you're smokin'?

    ReplyDelete
  26. John, I don't smoke, I get high off life. some of these bloogers get EC for just copying and pasting a bunch of stuff from wikipedia. I put some original material up on this blog. You're welcome

    ReplyDelete
  27. Laurie, as I stated in an earlier post, "Call me Crazy if you will but there is a mean competitive streak in me, the Devil’s Got a New Disguise and he doesn’t quite know when to Draw the Line."

    Stacy, if you would like to use the online spreadsheet email me and I will use your address to grant you access to edit the sheet. It could not be any easier!

    my email is jheinzmann@wi.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Too tired to figure out how to share the spreadsheet tonight... will work on it tomorrow.

    Safe travels, Laurie. Hope the Kindle is loaded up! I just read "Room" by Emma Donoghue - a fast read and really interesting in a Jaycee Duggard sort of way.

    ReplyDelete
  29. BTW for future reference I would prefer if you refer to my passion for the blog and all that it stands for as pulling a Capone (“I am like any other man. All I do is supply a demand.”) rather than going Hinckely. Hinckely was a pu$$y!

    ReplyDelete
  30. A Pu$$Y obsessed with Jody Foster...Capone it is. And I must say, I am impressed with your passion for the blog AND your high tech super savvy JPEG converting skills.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey you want to here a joke?
    There was this blog right. And there was this group of adults that must stay up all night just waiting for the blogger to post these questions so they can answer within a tenth of a second after she posts them giving this kid who just got done with his homework no chance to climb up in the rankings.
    Wrong! This is actually a horror story.
    I'm here thinking These old people have to be asleep since my mom got done posting at ten, and from my experience with my dad, parents are always in bed at around 8 ( but that's probably because he's so tired out from making up swear words on the golf course, fixing himself mediocre cranberry juice- vodka mixes, and cutting his own hair every five seconds). I know we do have a few people in college too but i figured they'd be passed out drunk somewhere or playing basketball with Ben hansbrough or something, So I thought I had this one on lock, but apparently not.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The Old Navy Commmercial With Shine On features dresses from $15 and Cropped Cardis for $8.00.

    and he was afflicted with a foot disease

    ReplyDelete
  33. Asa was afflicted with a foot disease.

    The Old Navy Commercial With Shine On features dresses from $15 and Cropped Cardis for $8.00.

    "Irish" Pete - I am one of those old people you were referring to and was fast asleep by the time the post was up. I have to earn my points with witty EC & major sucking up to your mother.

    Laurie - as far as the H bracelet I will take your advice & order it from the Michigan Ave store (I mean John will) when we win the lottery.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Laurie...have a beautiful and safe trip, enjoy your beautiful daughter and enjoy the beautiful shopping sprees!

    ReplyDelete
  35. As John quite knowledgeably pointed out, I am pissed because my score's not on here.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The Old Navy Commmercial With Shine On features dresses from $15 and Cropped Cardis for $8.00.

    and he was afflicted with a foot disease

    ReplyDelete
  37. Asa was the third king of the Kingdom of Judah and the fifth king of the House of David.
    Asa was zealous in maintaining the traditional worship of God, and in rooting out idolatry, with its accompanying immoralities (1 Kings 15:8-14). It is also recorded of Asa that in his old age, when afflicted with a FOOT DISEASE, he “sought not to the Lord, but to the physicians”.[4] He died greatly honoured by his people, and was considered for the most part a righteous king

    Cardis for $8.00

    Jamarco love your little snippet about Matthew Ray!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Laurie - great new idea for the low carb, high protein diet:

    Go to Noodles & Company, order a chicken breast on the side, cut it into really small pieces so that it will last longer, and then sit there and watch your kids eat mac n cheese and buttered noodles.

    I HATE the low carb diet... and my good friends (Paielli's Italian bread and Panera plain bagel) have been begging me to meet them for lunch...

    ReplyDelete
  39. 1)was afflicted with a foot disease
    2) cardis @ $8.00

    Laurie, have a fabulous trip in London. Give my apologies to your beautiful daughter. She sent me an email during the height of the move process and I have yet to answer her. Tell her I am glad the skills I taught her at Lakeside have helped her in London - and no, it has nothing to do with shopping.

    BTW - so proud of myself for becoming hip with the abbreviations. That is about the only one I know, though. Will have to continue to study from Louis, Jamarcus, and John seems pretty up with it as well. Anyway, what I was getting to, is I could probably convince Jason to let you pick something out for me in London and I am sure it would be fabulous; however, the four of them did reward me on Monday for my efforts so it is all good. Thanks for thinking of me, though.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Mrs. Sarge, if Jason is Dr. Freidlander, please say hello for me. I haven't seen him in quite some time. In a past life, I worked with his father Mike. I can not wait to see the new space.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Laurie,

    Hope you have a great trip to Bloody old England. Anywho, when you get there check out my Blog:

    http://lakecountypress.blogspot.com/

    I added a link to the score board on the right side. If Jamarcus has access to your site I can walk him though it if you wish. J-Dog, my cell is 847-561-5639. Call me if the EC dealer wants to pursue this technological advancement.

    ReplyDelete
  42. John - Try this link and tell me if you see the Google Doc that I made from the existing spreadsheet...

    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhqJM9GCdZURdDJNYkI4SVRSRWNxZjI3R0lkZkdoWkE&hl=en&authkey=CPeH-vwK

    ReplyDelete
  43. Stacy- Yes it worked. Here is a shortened link:

    http://goo.gl/sguG5

    ReplyDelete
  44. Cool - How'd you do that?

    Laurie - Put the link above from John in your blog and tell the wolfpack to mark it as a Favorite. Then I will keep it updated and they can check their score at any time.

    Thanks, John. Did you see the cool chart???

    ReplyDelete
  45. Type goo.gl in your browser then paste in any url and it will return a short url.

    ReplyDelete
  46. John, I will pass along the hello to Jason. His dad, Mike, actually sent a beautiful bouquet of flowers to the office to welcome all of us to our new place. I have met him several times and actually did some print work with him when he was in that business - very nice man.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Stacy and John, you lost me at google...I will do my best, but I am counting on Jamarcus to make this whole thing happen...I've got a plane to catch

    ReplyDelete
  48. Please go to fabric.
    You can thank me later....

    ReplyDelete