Wednesday, March 26, 2014

TODAY'S TOP DOZEN--yeah, yeah. It's too hard to pick just ten.

Here is the photo that inspired these awesome captions:


Now, let's get some voting going.  I am not going to lie, I was sorely tempted to not put on of Judy's captions in the Top Dozen, just to see if ANY one else in the whole world would cast a vote…but her Ferris Buehler reference was pretty, darn good, so I couldn't leave her out.  And seriously, I cannot penalize Judy for her amazing ability to get people to vote for her--and all you hard liners wouldn't want it any other way.  C'mon the rest of you, do it the Chicago way and start bribing some people to cast votes your way.  I can only hold Judy back for so long…

Here they are: TODAY'S DIRTY DOZEN:

I had to swerve to miss the cooler full of beer.   Ginnykay

Now how am I going to make it to my NRA meeting??             Jessica

The south will rise again!!!                                          Sue R. 


That's what happens if you don't vote for Judy. Now you know the rest of the story.          John

That Pepboy's 52 Point Inspection clearly did not account for the Stupidity Factor…      brifry

"Nailed it."                 Nate

She got the cars in the divorce.      Sue E.

"Ferris, my father loves this car more than life itself."         Judy

"I told you the car goes on top of the truck!" "Shidiot!"              Linda

"No comment. Talk to my CTA Union Rep. "      Joann

The garage of the O'Hare CTA Blue Line conductor.       Rob

"Oops did I do that?" (Said in my best Urkel impersonation).    Tricia 

Pete McKeon just got home. A little excited to be part of the Notre Dame class of 2018             BrianK

Ok, ok--it's a baker's dozen, but I'm hoping that more captions lead to more voting.  Don't make me test the opposite theory, that less captions will lead to more voting, because some of you are just hanging on by your quality points alone.

 Please, go find some votes.  Because the voting has been so one sided lately, I'm closing it at noon tomorrow. It's just painful to see how few votes anyone else besides Judy gets.  And remember, John took home TEN big points on Monday for having just five tiny votes.  I know you've all concede the vote portion to Judy. Hell, I don't blame you. But even six votes can easily get you second place and TEN big points, so let's all put at least a little effort in here, ok? Thanks.  Go, go. go and vote.  

Be ready for some totals and a new photo tomorrow.  The excitement builds….

415 comments:

  1. 5 votes? how do you figure, I voted for myself at least 50 times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHare the Love one vote for each of the top 12 except for mine. So that is 11 votes cast here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Participation trophies for everyone. feel the LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will cough up one for John....

    ReplyDelete
  5. A vote for Jessica our northern correspondent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At a risk of looking like a bromance, I vote for John.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I gotta vote for myself....1 vote for Sue E.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One vote for brifry, better known as Brian "Freedom and Justice For All" Kennedy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The people have spoken and they want to hop aboard the SS Victory with their fearless leader Brian Kennedy (brifry).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Hey Leo - I love Judy as much as the next guy. Truly. But how about throwing a vote my way? We were both Spy yearbook photographers (in the same era) if memory serves.

      Delete
  11. BrianK deserves love as well. This is Brian Kiernan, not America's sailor hero Brian Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  12. One vote for Mrs. Enders, the finest teacher in the land

    ReplyDelete
  13. A vote for the lovely Ms. Sue Roop. I love the South will rise again comment. Mostly because it's the truth. Consider yourselves warned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beyond touched and surely the only vote that I will likely get in the entire contest!

      Delete
  14. One vote for Mr. Rob Fredrickson, who seems to be able to consistently produce comedic gold.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I'm not mistaken, I believe that brings us back to brifry. Another vote for America's future savior.

    ReplyDelete
  16. And Pilate asked Brian Kennedy, "Are you truly the king of the Jews?" Brian responded, "You have said so." And so it is written. Another vote for brifry.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cast my vote for Nate... because his votes are almost as funny as his caption.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Back on da train and a vote for John.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My dad was working hard today in Chicago! They can't believe the voting corruption going non here. I told him that I would send a legitimate vote in for him.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Andrew! I've got it from here. Another vote for John.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Let's end this geriatric reign of terror with a vote for Nate

    ReplyDelete
  22. and Brian Kiernan, who is young at heart

    ReplyDelete
  23. #7 Tricia yeah I have no shame

    ReplyDelete
  24. #10 Tricia I'm too tired to keep going

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jessica, Jessica, Jessica! (does that count as 3 votes??)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Jessica! Her caption could be on the front page of my hometown newspaper!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jessica promised me vodka so I'll vote for her all afternoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You people need jobs! Jessica!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. No wait, you people need more kids! Jessica is the winner-

    ReplyDelete
  30. I gotta go get my nails done; one last vote for Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  31. My dad has bribed me with beer....so a vote for Rob! also, I guess it was kind of funny...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Rob recognizes the way to a college student's heart is through free beer, hopefully my friends will join me in voting. Another vote for Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey look Dad! Two of my friends voted! (Ryan and Rob!) I do have friends at college! While I'm here, a vote for my dearest dad

    ReplyDelete
  34. I hope this is a 24 pk of beer, I promised my friends a beer in exchange...while I'm here, a vote for Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I vote Rob!
    And Marie does have friends, albeit weird ones

    ReplyDelete
  36. A vote for Jessica...she knows NRA parking?

    ReplyDelete
  37. I vote Rob. but we are friends that can appreciate free alcohol as well as some good humor.

    ReplyDelete
  38. MU students rock!! A good catholic can always be bribed with beer. Vote for Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Nate Nate Nate...can't hate that

    ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Judges please note that last vote from Mr. Rob came from the fine state of Iowa. Thanks Abby. A vote for Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  42. a message from one Brittani Beatty-

    I VOTE ROB! POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Judges please note that last vote from one Brittani Beatty came from the fine state of Indiana. Word Up Britt!! A vote for Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Judges please note the earlier vote from one Amanda Campbell came from the fine state of West Virgina. A vote for Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  45. A message from Melissa Anderson, who is experiencing technical difficulties-

    A vote for Mr. Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  46. That last vote came from the great state of Alabama. While I'm here, a vote for Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I just noticed that Nick or Chris isn't out here voting....does that mean I'm your favorite child? (And another vote for Robby)

    ReplyDelete
  48. me, me, pick me!!!!
    One vote for me and given the plethora of multiple votes- one for Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  49. It shames me to do it again, but a vote for me

    ReplyDelete
  50. 5 votes for Linda

    ReplyDelete
  51. (That's one from me - and one from each of my children at the upper campus that could really use a donut or a candy bar from Bold Gold)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! Appreciate the support - keep voting!!

      Delete
  52. I was told that a vote for Rob is a vote for beer, soooo we're gonna have to vote for Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  53. New campaign slogan - "A vote for Rob is a vote for beer." So let's have another vote for Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Replies
    1. Donut for you! Thanks!!
      Keep voting!!

      Delete
    2. I bet Mr. Weber likes beer. Throw some votes Rob's direction.

      Delete
  55. I'm throwing a vote in for myself

    ReplyDelete
  56. Getting a vote from Amanda is better than winning! Thanks Amanda (rob too).

    ReplyDelete
  57. I'm back with a vote for Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Seriously????? 100 points because she bought cups for your boys???? Judy would have bought their cups. She has a lot of experience. That is why she gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  59. After all those votes, Judy only gets an extra 10 point ahead of John????? Maybe the next round will be more objective. Voting for Judy to keep her ahead of the pack!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Setting Judy up for failure? You picked that caption??? She had better ones than Ferris....Voting for Judy

    ReplyDelete
  61. Joann buys my books, Joann gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Judy, I'm so glad my voters don't argue with the Judges. My voters are loyal to the almighty cute blogger. Vote for Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  63. A vote from Cate Cusack -

    I vote for Rob! I want beer.

    ReplyDelete