Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Chart

The Chart is never going to happen.  Let's just put that little pipe dream to rest. I will score this thing manually, dreaming of the days Nate made that  chart.  Honestly,  I have spent several hours trying to follow the directions on how to insert a chart in a blogger/blogspot blog.  Well, guess what? Not only did it NOT work, but, somehow I can't even log into the blog anymore, so I am kind of backdooring this post. Seriously, the link said to hit the HTML edit button and then copy and paste some code thing into the blog.  I did all that, but all it did was make the blog go blank--now all I get is a blank green screen.  Typical…I've asked Chris to look into it, but who the hell knows? It's Lenterbitchedup...

I probably should have explained to John about the force field that surrounds me in regard to electronics.  I'm not kidding.  Somehow I am the sort of person that makes electronic devices fail--a lot. I can't even get those automatic paper towel dispenser in public restrooms to work, let alone the damn automatic sinks.  The auto lights do not come on when I enter a room, and I have made many, many computers fail, just by sitting near them.  Kerry Gapinski can attest to this.  And I must admit, she was super nice about my atom stopping aura. At times, I fear I am a ghost, or a vampire…or just a regular old freak. The good news is, I don't have any allergic reactions to high quality jewelry, so I feel like I am ahead of the game.  Bottom line--no chart. And I don't want any back sass about it.

We need to get the voting going, so I am posting TODAY'S TOP TEN right here, right now--chartless.  I have most of the scoring done for photo three (shocker…Judy got the 20 big points for the highest number of votes…) but am working on the extra credit.  Look for the standings early tomorrow--NOT IN A CHART.

Our St. Paddy's day photo inspired some VERY fine captions.  I am quite impressed with Rob Fredrickson.  He is climbing the non-existent chart. He had many, many fine captions for picture three--loved the one about Nate drawing Dave's hole in one, and really nailed it with the Crater face comment during the voting segment (you have to see Grease--starring a stiff-armed Pete McKeon as Danny Zucco-- to get this one, but suffice it to say, it's super funny) AND now, Rob is once again, hitting it out of the park.  And Stacy, employing her one terrific caption strategy nailed my personal favorite caption.  There were many, many, many fine Irish captions, (and we will leave it up to the voters--or as I like to call them--Judy's posse)  but her "O'Shidiots" captions was a beautiful one word perfection.

And I must apologize for messing up the timing of the captions…from now on, as stated in the rules…photos go up on Mondays and Thursdays, Captions are due Tuesdays and Fridays, voting is Wednesday and Saturdays--and we all take Sundays off…BUT, in my haste to get Monday's awesome St. Paddy's pic up, in the few minutes after getting home from Notre Dame and before I headed to a 6pm meeting, I put the wrong day up…This was absolutely  my error, and as such, I allowed all captions that came in today. I promise to be more attentive…but let's admit it, I'm easily distracted AND can't make a chart.  Hey, you get what you get...

Here are Tonight TOP TEN:  you know the drill, vote early, vote often,

"Rule #1 - don't piss off a ginger."             Tricia

"He is gonna have a piss shiver in about 30 seconds."     John

"I'm not sure how much longer I can hold it."            Michelle

"All I said was "Erin go braless". What, that's not how it goes?"    Rob


"Kevin was desperate for ideas since giving up drinking beer for Lent."    Rob 

"Want him to be Irish? - just add beer!"               Linda

"O'Shidiots"             Stacy

"Huzzah! Now we know how Nate shrunk his big dome. :)"                 Joann

"That's not what I meant when I said I wanted some good head!!"         Mr. DelFava

"An Irish Swirly."               Jessica

"I baptize you in the name of the...….."      Judy

Yeah, Yeah, I know there are 11.  Sorry--there were so many good ones--It's hard to choose. I almost picked 15, but then had to rein myself in.  
 OK, Let's all start voting Chicago style--early, often, illegally, for yourself.  Let's get every single dead, unregistered, unborn, incarcerated voter out there to hit this blog and make the vote happen. 
 Voting stops at 5pm tomorrow (sorry, it's shortened due to my mistake…) We need to get the next photo up by 5pm tomorrow to get back on track.  

Scoring will be updated before then as well.  Man, this Lentertainment is taking it's toll.



142 comments:

  1. Sorry about the chart thing. Honestly, if you need help I'll be happy to assist. In the meantime out of all the top 10 I vote for my very funny wife Tricia. The ginger thing is classic. Also one ote for Mr. DelFava for plagerizing and getting away with it. (refer to the first caption posted on round 4) Then there is always the one vote for myself. Glad to start off the voting comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One vote per post......follow the initial contest rules!!

      Delete
    2. No worries about the chart. I actually made one in Excel…that whole copying the code thing is like me trying to create nuclear fusion…I should be able to insert the excel chart. I'm just busting your chops...

      Delete
  2. Oh and to all the good Italians out there, hope you had a great St. Joseph's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just like saying Piss Shiver so a vote for John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know…between piss shiver and swirly, I'm laughing all night.

      Delete
  4. _________________________¶¶¶
    ________________¶¶_____¶¶¶¶¶
    _______________¶¶¶__¶¶¶¶1¶¶
    ______________¶¶1¶¶¶¶111¶¶
    _________¶¶¶¶¶¶11¶¶11111¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ____¶___¶¶11¶111111111111111111¶¶
    ____¶¶¶¶¶111111111111111¶¶¶11¶¶¶
    ____¶¶1¶11111111111¶¶¶¶¶¶¶_¶¶¶11¶¶¶¶
    ___¶¶1111111111111¶¶111¶¶¶¶¶¶¶1111¶¶¶¶
    ____¶¶¶11¶11111111________11111¶¶¶¶
    ______¶¶¶¶__________________¶¶¶11¶¶¶
    _______¶__¶___$$$_____________¶¶¶
    ____¶¶¶¶_______$$$$___________¶1¶¶¶¶¶
    ___¶___________$◉_$$__________¶¶¶11¶
    ___¶¶_____$$$__$____$__________¶__¶¶
    ____¶¶¶¶___$____¶¶¶¶¶¶¶_______¶
    _______¶¶__$_______o__¶¶$$$__¶
    ________¶¶_$$_______o_¶¶◉$$¶
    ______¶¶__¶¶$$$____¶¶¶¶_$$$¶
    _____¶¶_____¶¶$$$________¶¶
    ____¶¶¶_______¶¶¶$$$____¶¶
    ____¶___¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶____¶¶¶¶
    ___¶_¶¶¶_______¶_¶¶¶¶¶¶_
    __¶______¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶______________¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    _¶¶_¶¶¶¶¶¶_____¶__________¶¶¶¶¶¶____¶¶¶¶¶
    _¶¶¶¶_____¶____¶______¶¶¶¶______________¶¶____¶¶¶
    ¶¶___¶¶¶¶_¶¶¶¶¶¶___¶¶¶¶____________¶¶____¶¶__¶
    _¶¶¶¶¶_____¶__¶__¶¶¶________________¶_¶¶__¶¶___¶¶
    ¶¶___¶¶¶¶¶¶¶__¶¶¶_______________¶¶¶____¶¶_¶¶___¶
    ¶¶_¶_______¶_¶¶___________________________¶¶_¶
    _¶__¶____¶¶¶¶¶____________________________¶¶_¶
    _¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶___________________________¶¶
    __¶¶¶¶¶_______¶¶¶
    __¶¶_¶_________¶¶
    _¶¶¶_¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ¶¶__¶_____________¶¶
    ¶¶¶¶¶_____________¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lentertainment is taking it's toll on me too...I'm addicted. A vote for Rob and I can't wait for the next picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A vote for Jessica, the Irish Swirly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Susan and Jessica...Judges please take note both votes are from foreign countries :)

      Delete
  8. I could do this a lot faster if those word verifications weren't there! Oh well, another vote for Judy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A vote for Judy....wait I didn't type that the computer automatically entered Judy's name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. May the Irish eyes shine upon me with a vote.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jack just left the bar after 3 straight days of celebrating his birthday and cast his vote upon me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If other people want my vote then maybe they should invite me for dinner. Worked for Judy!!!! Lots of votes for JUDY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judy fed evmonte and now ev is racking up votes for Judy!!!! Here is another vote for Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A vote for Rob. Also I should point out to the judges that many of my friends call me Judy. I hope that doesn't confuse the voting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Voting stops at 5:00pm and once again, it's a contest for second and third. I cannot believe how many votes Judy can rally. Judy, you should seriously consider a run for political office--or at least for the KUSD school Board. It would be a landslide.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A vote for Rob...a hopeful distant 2nd place

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's lunch time - Time to vote for John

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is this really considered voting? I'm burning up the 1/4 mile proving I'm not a robot. Another one for John.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hopelessly devoted to come in 2nd in the votes. John gets another one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stranded in my office, Voting like a fool - John gets a vote.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Vote once more, Vote once more is that enough for some points. Vote once more, Vote once more blah blah blah - A vote for John

    ReplyDelete
  22. How low can I go? well pretty low, evidenced by this continued voting for myself - Count another for John

    ReplyDelete
  23. There are worse things I can do then vote for myself....

    ReplyDelete
  24. For those following along with their Lentertainment brackets, more votes for Rob to pull out the upset!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dick V says yeah baby, I vote for Rob

    ReplyDelete
  26. Rob Rob Rob
    That counts as 3, right?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Keep voting Amanda...P.S. the judges like new blood on this blog. and a vote for rob while I'm here

    ReplyDelete
  28. Billy Donovan told me personally he votes for Judy

    ReplyDelete
  29. The entire Gator Basketball team votes for Judy

    ReplyDelete
  30. A vote for Judy is a vote for justice!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I vote for Nate's big dome... I mean JOANN

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dayton Flyers ran off the court after their victory to vote for Rob

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm expecting some votes coming in from the fine state of West Virgina. I know they are reading and following along they just haven't created their account yet. Let's go Amanda's mom and sister!!! A vote for Rob while I'm here.

    ReplyDelete
  34. 롭 프레드릭
    aka Rob Fredrickson

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great one Amanda. vote for Rob

    ReplyDelete
  36. Amanda's mom from West Virgina just voted for Rob but it's not showing. Vote for Rob

    ReplyDelete