Wednesday, March 12, 2014

THE TOP TEN--LET THE VOTING BEGIN

Oh. My. Gosh…Or to quote the Pope…"F@*K!!" (It never gets old…)  These captions were amazing, and plentiful  It took VERY much work on my part to narrow it down to a legitimate Top Ten.  I mean it.  I really put in some hours on this one--and I haven't even done that freaking chart yet. (Get off my back, John.  It will happen...) AND like Joann, despite working fine earlier in the day, my computer stopped taking comments after caption number 249, when I finally got home at 9pm last night to start the scoring.  Good thing I had the back up post…and have access to all the comments in the stats portion of the blog. So, don't worry.  No captions were lost, they just stopped appearing on Monday's post.  AND GOOD LORD BE PRAISED..THERE WERE OVER 250 COMMENTS ON THIS POST!! HOT DAMN AND JACKPOT!! very exciting for me.


Because there may be hard feelings, and/or competitiveness among the masses here, allow me to explain a bit about how I winnow all these fine, fine entries down to the Top Ten…First, anything that just makes me bust out laughing gets highlighted….and put on a separate list.  There are a lot of those, because you guys are just super funny.  Second, then I actually put each caption culled in Step One with the actual photo…This is critical, because while some of these captions are hysterical, they don't necessarily go that well with the photo…(Jamarcus--you are funny as hell, but hey, pal, let's stay on track here…OR maybe I'm just not hip enough to get your references..) Third, I do that a couple times with the captions, just to be sure…(Joann's one about gun permits for the blind, had me dying…but I'm not sure old Nonna in the picture is blind…same thing for "Kitty, kitty, kitty" though it's still making me laugh even after reading it like 50 times) and Finally, I make my selections.  It's harder than it looks, and I really do take it seriously.  I really miss Judge Wendy, because she was like Chinese justice…swift, harsh and sure…

So, with out further ado-and without that f'ing chart--here are today's TOP TEN--in no real order..

Next time on the Bachelor…                     John Heinzmann

Just preparing for my daily shopping trip into Damascus.         S. Enders

Nana Faruhk couldn't understand why her book club never got started.      Stacy

Wipe your feet before you step on my Persian Rug.        Judy
(editors note: This one's for you, Judge Wendy)

I swear I had an appointment! Now give me my 40ccs of Botox        Jessica

Bring me Beiber, I will handle it.                  Joann

Lentertainment?  Not on my watch!         LHantke

We've traded in the rulers!              S Roop  

You fell in love with her in To Kill a Mockingbird, but now she's back for more in the action-packed sequel..I KILLED THE MOCKINGBIRD: Mrs. Dubose' Revenge    Nate

Damn, it feels good to be a gansta!         Michelle

My country gets next Winter Olympics    Rob Fredrickson


Yeah, yeah.  I know there are 11 here, but it's just so hard to choose.  So, now, go, go and get out the vote.  Scoring will come post vote --quantity and quality points---I promise, and I promise to make that damn chart,  but I have an 11:30 meeting on the North Shore, so if I don't post now, it'll be another day AND we are on such a roll that I don't want to slow this freight train down..    

Lentertainment at it's finest.  Get some votes going...

172 comments:

  1. When does the voting end, Laurie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurry up with the chart thingy. I need my Griffendor's Points, because I don't do well and it's voting crap. Oh, and one more thing, I vote for mine even though it was farthest from my best effort. Is that the key, don't try so hard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have other votes but I have to give props to John

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is for JUDY. She definitely had better captions than the one that was chosen for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And because Judy is a good sport she gets another vote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A vote for Judy because I know Millie and Ethel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for S. Enders - she would know, she's living it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God, I am not living it! I live no where near Damascus. But we are having rioting in the streets of downtown Ankara the last few days due to political elections coming up. I am staying in my safe semi-suburban area for now and not venturing downtown for shopping or great restaurants.

      Delete
    2. Sincerely glad to hear that! Did not know how close you were to the Syrian border. Stay safe Ms. E!!

      Delete
  8. Another vote for Joann - but S Enders chilled me to the bone

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vote for Jessica...Sissy (aka Amanda) states gmail won't let them vote from Mexico. Sissy also says "We vote for Jessica. She seems pretty awesome and legit. Too legit, too legit to quit"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vote for Jessica from Alyss in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vote for Jessica from Bill in Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vote for Jessica from Joe in Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  13. I should have mentioned that Sissy's (Amanda) FB message to me started with "Tell your cute blogger friend..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I caught that right away, Rob. I love Amanda.

      Delete
  14. Okay, Judy fans - what do you like? Chocolate? Liquor? What do I need to do to put the brakes on the multiple posts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like they don't think we heard them the first time! Early and often were never so scrupulous.

      Delete
    2. Well if it's any consolation, I appreciate the creativity of your entries. It's like I said earlier, Judy is an unstoppable force.

      Delete
    3. When the two of you(John n Joann) turn 60 you will have special powers, too!

      Delete
    4. I sure hope so! (About the special powers - not John being dead.)

      Delete
  15. This race is time consuming and hard enough on the front end. The voting is going to kill me. Out of all the finalists I'd say Joann.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another vote for Judy my little sister

    ReplyDelete
  17. A vote for Judy because she is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We don't need chocolate or liquor to vote for Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn it! Seems my little comment had the opposite effect. Well, all these extra hits are good for the blog... and I already knew from bootcamp that Judy was the one to watch in this contest. :)

      Delete
    2. DEFINITELY! And there is another vote for JUDY!

      Delete
  19. PS....here is another VOTE FOR JUDY

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's a beautiful day for voting for Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Judy has our backs..have to vote for Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have nothing better to do than VOTE FOR JUDY!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Judy gets a vote. What's in it for us?!?

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't stop! Another vote for Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello everyone out there in Voterland. I've got another vote for Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The voting ends at Midnight. Then I will score and post the next photo tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  27. A vote for my mamacita - Joann

    ReplyDelete
  28. A vote for Jessica from Bobby Nelson's (With or Without Mitt)

    ReplyDelete
  29. one vote for John!! us dudes have to stick together

    ReplyDelete
  30. One vote for Joann, the girl on fire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Nate - your vote and your compliment are both very charitable. And desperately needed!

      Delete
  31. One for cry baby John.....John I am trying to make this trickle down...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trickle down? Is that something that happens after 60?

      Delete
    2. Nope... I have total control over my body except for my lizard tongue.

      Delete
  32. Where is everyone? Well I am giving another vote for JUDY but you already knew that! What happened to Louis from the scarf competition?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ian just spoke in his sleep and said he votes for Joann! (And that he's also very disturbed by the photo . . .)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of the mouths of babes... thanks, babe!

      Delete
  34. Chris also just spoke in his sleep and said he votes for Joann

    ReplyDelete
  35. The Iranian woman sitting on her Persian rug wants to vote for JUDY!

    ReplyDelete
  36. A vote for Judy to win!
    A vote for Judy to place!
    A vote for Judy to show!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am doing this so much that the computer may think I am a robot but it doesn't matter, Judy gets another vote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to get my hands on a robot right now, Karla. You've been warned. ;)

      Delete
  38. It must be past your bedtime so I can get a few more votes in for JUDY!!!!!!!! Wake up knowing that Judy's friends and family have her back and got her to the top for votes!

    ReplyDelete
  39. It pays to be German....Another vote for Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  40. If it was anyone else I probably wouldn't be doing this, but it is Judy!
    Yes, another Judy vote!

    ReplyDelete
  41. These votes are like my Lenten penance! So here is another one for Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  42. JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am hoping that the last one counts for about 40 votes for Judy.
    Ok...will take one for the above entry and one vote for Judy for this one! Judy should get extra points for our persistence!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I can't believe people gave up. Judy is up and washing her kitchen floor right now. That is why Judy gets another vote!

    ReplyDelete
  45. All of you will wish that you had Judy as your neighbor. She is now at my house washing my kitchen floor. In fact, she washed the sidewalk on her way over! Judy should get two votes for that! OK...at least give Judy one vote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karla u r too funny....thankGod 4 Norwex n strong coffee!

      Delete
  46. 10,000 votes for Rob...it's worth a try

    ReplyDelete
  47. No..my neighbor Karla is not for sale!

    ReplyDelete