Friday, March 25, 2011

HOLY AND LOWLY: THE MUSICAL

Once again, great comments, great banter and great theology. It's Friday night, my friends and I want to update the tally board and get these questions posted pronto, and let the weekend begin.

Without further ado, John Heinzmann obviously never sleeps and he once again answered both questions first and right. FOUR big points for John. For a late entry, he has certainly made up for lost time. John, thanks for the "tech" support, but I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I hit that mobile device thing, and it was all down hill from there. You may want to refresh your recollection of the early days of the blog when I had that background with the scary birds on it because I did not know how to put in photos. I still don't, but young Jamarcus handled it. I would like to give you some extra credit for the advice, but until I can actually understand, and then implement said advice, I fear that extra credit may be a little premature.

Sara, Kim, Stacy, Sue, Judy, Tricia, the sons (Jamarcus and Louis) and Mrs. Sarge--JUST IN THE NICK OF TIME) all answered both questions correctly and get their two hard earned points. In a little aside to Mrs. Sarge, Jason owes you way more than a Burberry purse. And Dave McKeon would be lucky to have you on his team, but let me warn you, not only did he go to the school of extreme stinginess, (as his son pointed out) but he got his PhD from  the school of Hard Ass Boss.

Jane gets one point, as she nailed the Regis Philbin question, but the ACRE test did not mention of John Michael at all when referring to the Homily. Yes, I was surprised, too. However, because she made me laugh, Jane gets ONE big extra credit point.

The other NINE points are awarded as follows:
TWO big, big points to Kim Pechous (again) for the multi comment posts. This blogger loves to see her hit count go up. And she is not too proud to get 100 hits from the same person...not too proud at all...I also am intrigued by the slightly communist approach of sharing the prizes. Interesting.
THREE even bigger points for Stacy. Her Gordy's Pub comment was the best. I busted out laughing---and she had the same reaction I did when I realized that Regis, the man who has been on TV more than any other human being, the man who constantly talks up Notre Dame, the man who put up with Kathi Lee during both of her pregnancies with those two obnoxious kids, gave a puny 2.75 mil for DEPAC (as it is referred to by those of us in the ND know) which wasn't even 5% of the total costs. "Jeeez, Reeg, you're kind of a cheap ass"
Finally, FOUR enormous extra credit points go to Sara Pond!!. Welcome back, Sara. I admire your efforts to try to answer these questions without the assistance of Google, wikipedia or cheating....yeah, good luck with that. I admire even more your way with the expletive.

Congrats to all the winners. Remember, no questions tomorrow night, so these are the last two questions for the week--and if the title did not tip you off, they are musically based. Here goes:
  1. In the Song of Songs, where does Solomon say his vineyard is located? (it has the word song in it, that's as good as I could do. I know even less about liturgical music than I do about the Bible)
  2. As you all know, Steven Tyler of Aerosmith is now a judge on American Idol. (did you guys see it last night? I did not, but in case you do not watch this form of American entertainment, Steven Tyler is the judge that looks like a girl).  Aerosmith's tune "Dude Looks Like a Lady" was written about what rock and roller? (and it is not Steven Tyler).  
Good Luck, Happy Friday, I will have a total point tally for the week on Monday so you can all know EXACTLY where you stand. It's pretty nip and tuck so tonight's points are critical. Let's just see who is first today.

And now, today's Top Ten:
  1. Naked burritos from Qdoba. They are really good, and full of protein.
  2. Burberry's classic check rain boots--just got Posey another pair
  3. Gordy's Pub--all day long.
  4. Chuck Pechous--world's nicest basketball coach. Coach Pechous led the 5th grade Little Lady Lancers to a 1-?? season. Despite the fact that their point total for the entire season was under 30, Chuck never punched a ref or threw a chair. Actually, he was amazing with the girls, many of whom did not realize that you had to dribble the ball as you walked...great season, Coach
  5. Jamarc for saying I looked like a college friend of Angelas. Total lie, but I'm a sucker for a compliment
  6. Towels hot out of the dryer
  7. This month's GQ, great mag, seriously
  8. Kimba Walker--I am so not a UConn fan, but Kimba is for real
  9. Barbour quilted coats and waxed jackets.  These are a fav of the London crowd. I have the navy trench. Way cool and classic. They also make hunting bags, in case you need one.
  10. Sandra Bullock and her son Louis--Jesse James who???
Have a great weekend. Look for the next set of questions Sunday night. Go, go, run like the wind to be the first to post....

39 comments:

  1. Steven Tyler answer is Vince Neil from Motley Crue

    ReplyDelete
  2. then Solomon's vineyard was located in Baal-hamon. I'm not trying for EC anymore bc it just won't happen, grades are about all i can bring to the table. I'll just have to be punctual

    ReplyDelete
  3. The song which originally started out as "cruising for a lady" talks about a male W/an effemenemt appearance who is mistaken for a female. The song originated from a New York Bar Crawl where Steven Tyler and Vince Neil had drinks at a bar where the waiters were dressed in womens clothing

    You gotta love Steven Tyler!!!! He makes my wednesday and thursday nights alittle brighter

    I think I might have beat you this time JaMarcus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Mrs. Pechous, you were close, but I'm playin for keeps

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vince Neil of Motley Crue was who Aerosmith's song Dude Looks Like A Lady was referring to. Solomon's garden was in Baalhamon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear I don't know how Chris gets that jump on everyone. I think he has that RSS feed thing. (ask him or Mike McTernan how to set it up, because I can't) I email everyone at the same time, and Chris always seems to be a few minutes ahead of the curve. However, he also knows that EC will be tough for him as I have a bit of a no-nepotism policy..., so his strategy is a good one. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Song of Solomon 8:11 Solomon had a vineyard at Baalhamon; he let out the vineyard unto keepers; every one for the fruit thereof was to bring a thousand pieces of silver.

    Song of Solomon 8:12 My vineyard, which is mine, is before me: thou, O Solomon, must have a thousand, and those that keep the fruit thereof two hundred.

    ReplyDelete
  8. according to my source it was not written about vince neil but written after Vince Neil and Steven Tyler went to the bar with the drag queens.

    I didn't read the specifics of the question. Although I stand by my answer.
    I will, even though its killing me, bow to you oh amazing one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay a little quicker this time. "Dude Looks Like a Lady" was based upon a bar crawl that Steven Tyler and Vince Neil were at in New York where the waiters were dressed up as drag queens which caused Steven Tyler to comment to Vince Neil - "Hey, Dude Looks Like a Lady!" hence the song. Ask any 80's rock girl like myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What do you mean Steven Tyler looks like a girl? By God I am going to get to one of those Aerosmith concerts,have a front row seat & have ST stick his tongue down my throat! Steven Tyler = WINNING!

    (I may have disqualified myself from the contest by that comment but hey, it IS Steven Tyler).

    ReplyDelete
  11. In the Song of Songs Solomon says his vineyard is located in Baal-hamon. Kim you are quick!
    Way to go Jamarcus - once again! You amaze me with how quick you answer. Must be that generational technology gap - you younguns are just that much quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1) Baal-hamom

    2) WAITERS dressed in drag at a bar Steve visited wth other rocker friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jmarcus..can I borrow your computer? I think it's faster than mine!!

    Laurie..didn't think you would post this early!! I must admit..much better than 11:00pm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. A place mentioned in Cant. viii. 11, in which passage Solomon is said to have had a vineyard there: its identity is unknown. (Jewishenclyclopedia.com).

    2. The song is about a cross-dresser. While Aerosmith is a very heterosexual band, they were secure enough to sing about wanting sex with the "Dude" even after they discover he is a man. This was inspired by Vince Neil, lead singer of Motley Crue. Steven Tyler saw Vince in a bar surrounded by a harem of girls and wondered how he picked up so many girls when he looked like one. This is corroborated in the Nikki Sixx book The Heroin Diaries.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So JaMarcus I guess your mom will be the ultimate judge.
    I am officially rescinding my"I bow to you oh amazing one" comment.
    I have others now who have corroborated with my answer.
    Thanks Tricia,judy and Tina!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the four points for being first, I have to say that once I do fall asleep I Dream On so because I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing, the Train Keeps a Rolling All Night Long. Any who it is with Sweet Emotion that, I’m doing What It Takes to earn a plethora of Extra Credit because without the late night advantage I’m certainly Living On the Edge. So now that Jamarcus, one of Mama Kin, is firmly Back in the Saddle I have to go to The Other Side of pointdom. Not that I’m Jaded or anything but in all reality the lack of sleep the last few nights has me feeling a bit like a Rag Doll. Call me Crazy if you will but there is a mean competitive streak in me, the Devil’s Got a New Disguise and he doesn’t quite know when to Draw the Line. By the end of this contest, there quite possibly could be a Hole in My Soul and not because Jamie’s Got a Gun or anything like that. It’s not easy to Walk This Way. Hey I’m old now so I’m either wide awake or passed out. The era of making Love in an Elevator have moved way past Uncle Salty so I’ll spare mentioning that I pulled an old Toy from the Attic and spun my Big Ten Inch Record.

    So I’ll just go with Jamarcus’ answers and get some shut eye. Vince Neil and Baalhamon. I hope that is F.I.N.E with group.

    ReplyDelete
  17. BTW - Happy 63rd Birthday to you Steven Tyler, 3-26-48 :) We will be having birthday cake in your honor Dude.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Louis, where are you?? If you are going out this weekend..I hope you dress like a dude and not like a lady!

    ReplyDelete
  19. If it makes you feel any better Tricia, I believe I by all rights should have been disqualified about 14+ comments ago. I seem to be continuing to rack up points.I don't think you should worry I believe Laurie has a good sense of humor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Louis, any special flavor of Capri Suns? If you are going for the sugar rush - we can throw in your favorite candy bars. You and Jamarcus chugging capri suns might make a great photo for the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jamarcus - Holy War is officially elevating to full on this Sunday. Feedburner dude.

    ReplyDelete
  22. 1) "Dude Looks Like a Lady" was based upon a bar crawl that Steven Tyler and Vince Neil were at in New York where the waiters were dressed up as drag queens which caused Steven Tyler to comment to Vince Neil - "Hey, Dude Looks Like a Lady!"
    2) In the Song of Songs Solomon says his vineyard is located in Baal-hamo.

    First of all, I'd like to say I'm sorry I'm not sorry that on the weekends I'll probably get my answers straight from this blog. It's more efficient, and it's the weekends, so time is precious. You all understand I'm sure.

    Jpulera, of course I'm not dressing like a lady... we go to Notre Dame, not some weird evil, liberal state college. Got my button-down pressed, feeling fly like a G6.

    mrssarge, I like the ones that taste like success, good looks, and victory! And please do send them over soon, that would most definitely make a good picture for this blog, we'd automatically get x100 times more hits with this dashing lad on front page.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Laurie THANK YOU for the nice comment about Chuck. I actually think I saw a tear in his eye. Just for that alone I might give up my drive for points today. But alas I believe I may have found my competitive edge I lost in the 20th Century.
    And by the way JaMarcus you owe your sister---- As Chuck was giving one final pep talk to the girls tonight (urging them to practice this summer and find a camp) Posie immediately plugged your camp! I believe you may have some new customers!!!

    Louis can't wait to see the picture with chris and his sense of self and your apparent charm it's gotta be good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This contest creates all sorts of desire for useless information. So I thought I would share some.

    Did you know.

    Aerosmith played at Notre Dame 7-11-1976 with Rick Derringer. Sex filled lyrics and a little Rock and Roll Hoochi-Koo. Kudos to the person who pulled that one off.

    Aerosmith or as they are known the Bad Boys from Beantown have a salty reputation. Am I reading to much into Laurie's number 1 on the Top Ten list? Naked Burritos from Qdoba (lots of beans) aka The Bad Boys from Beantown?

    Sibilance, Sibilance, the famous words uttered by Tom Hanks in the classic SNL Wayne's World Episode staring Aerosmith, have been used during sound checks for many years. Sibilance is that annoying hissing sound that you hear through the public address speaker system when you say something with the letter "S" in it. It is the product of a combination of microphone technique, placement and selection. It just so happens that the word Sibilance is full of those S sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tricia, got a give you credit for being bold, but as much as I love Aerosmith's music, I never got into Steven Tyler.... Jon Bon Jovi, though, now there would be a front row I would be all over. Laurie may sensor us, though, with the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  27. John, all I have to say to that comment is slap that baby on the a** and call me Christmas! E to the Z and ooh tweedle-ee-dee :)

    Mrs. Sarge, about the Jon Bon Jovi thing, been there done that (it was awesome though). Steven is my flavor of the week, perhaps month, year....... I've had a thing for him for a long time. American Idol is bringing it out in me :) Maybe if we take Laurie on a 'girls night out with rock and roll dudes' she won't feel the need to censor us!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Tricia, Great idea! Laurie, how about a top 10 of "Hottest Rock N Roll Dudes" or for the gentlemen in the group, so we cannot be accused of sexism, "Hottest Rock N Roll Ladies"?

    ReplyDelete
  29. More useless info:

    Saw Liv Tyler(Steven's daughter) on Jimmy Kimmel last night and she said her and her dad drove around town in a convertible playing his new song extremely loud. She said she was embarrased and had to ask him to turn the volume down.

    Useless Info....but Liv is beautiful and seems to have a neat relationship with her dad.

    ReplyDelete
  30. jpulera, Jimmy Kimmel is on way too late for me. How the H E double hockey sticks can you stay up that late.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Interestingly, she grew up thinking Todd Rundgren was her father.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Can't be Todd's daughter, he was too busy Banging a Drum All Day.

    ReplyDelete
  33. 1. Solomon's vineyard was located in Baal-hamon.

    2. "Dude Looks Like a Lady" was based upon a bar crawl that Steven Tyler and Vince Neil were at in New York where the waiters were dressed up as drag queens which caused Steven Tyler to comment to Vince Neil, "Hey, Dude Looks Like a Lady!"

    Personally I think that Steven Tyler's song of songs should be: "Dude Looks like He's Eighty". I read somewhere that he's so ugly that the contestants on American Idol will no longer be criticized for closing their eyes when they sing.

    Am I the only one who thinks his face looks like one of those apples that you dry and shrivel up and then draw eyes and a mouth on and top with dryer lint????

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ouch Stacy - now that hurt. What did Steven Tyler ever do to you? ;) I admit he's older looking than us but a dried up old lady apple? C'mon now ;(

    ReplyDelete
  35. Stacey, have you been googling?
    http://totallylookslike.icanhascheezburger.com/2011/03/25/steven-tyler-shrunken-apple-head/

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm kind of with Stacy on this one. Also, Stephen Tyler has that really long fingernail that he often paints black--totally creeps me out. But, I'm so not a rock and roll chasing kind of girl. Way too much drama, mess, big hair, bad clothes and reefer smell. All those rockers look like they need a good flea dip. Not the least bit appealing to me. I agree with Tina that Jon Bonjovi is the best of the bunch, but the reason I like him is that he is still married to his first wife. I'm old school. The only celebrity that would turn my head is Cary Grant, and he's dead.(Has a sexy accent, wears a tie, great manners, nice head of hair, very well groomed...Sure, he experimented with LSD back in the day, but I'm sure Dyan Cannon made him do it.) However, that certainly doesn't mean I will censor any of your comments--they totally crack me up. I am fascinated by who you all have a " rocker crush" on...Some day we will play "Shoot, Shag or Marry" together and really find out what's what...

    ReplyDelete
  37. Laurie, the fact that he is still married to his first wife is what makes him all the more attractive... same reason I found Paul Newman attractive - that and those sexy blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really don't find any men attractive. Can't say the same thing about dogs. ;) It is fact that ALL men are Pigs. Don't be fooled by the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Laurie...I agree with you...rocker dudes are not my type...I usually like them with a little more meat on their bones...plus...I'm sure most rockers are walking diseases!

    ReplyDelete