Tuesday, March 22, 2011

HOLY AND LOWLY: DAY TWO

Darn that fricking Wikipedia--there are no hard questions any more. It's just too easy. Tonight, I vow to come up with a trivia question that is not easily googled....

And please tell me that none of you actually knew those Luminous Mysteries without looking them up.   I was totally feeling like a major pagan and was seriously considering asking Notre Dame for a partial refund until Kim Pechous noted that these Luminous Mysteries weren't even invented until 2002. Pfft...In 2002, I had six kids between the ages of twelve and three, was moving just about every summer, mired in tons of laundry, and spending six hours a day looping the East side of Cleveland dropping various children at random fields, gyms and lessons. So frankly, unless John Paul II presented the Luminous Mysteries on Nickelodeon, was asking me to wash his baseball uniform by tomorrow, or needed a ride to violin, his new fangled mysteries never would have crossed my radar.  And they didn't...until this week.

Tonight's post will be short and sweet.  Here's the Lowdown: "JaMarcus" gets his four points--well played, son, but your reign of supremacy may be short lived.

PAY ATTENTION HERE, THERE IS A SLIGHT ADDITION TO THE CONTEST:
As of tonight, I am officially imposing the extra credit rule: (I need a way to level the playing field here, yet still keep the competition above board ish) Starting with tonight's questions, I will award up to five extra credit points each  night. I can split these among several competitors or award them all to just one person. Extra credit will be awarded for many reasons including but not limited to: making me laugh, (Stacy, Jane, ) making me feel better about the fact that I know nothing about the entire Catholic religion, (Kim) throwing in some extra fun facts like birthdays or lightening bolt tattoos (Tricia), sucking up, mocking Chris, being extra nice, adding a quirky view point, and any other random note that may strike my fancy...Let's be honest here, these points are totally subjective (and basically my way to try to prevent Jamarcus from sweeping the competition--sorry, Chris, there is no way you are scoring some Long Island Iced Teas...you either, Pete, you scary little punk....Let's be super clear here, no alcohol will be made for, delivered to, or consumed by underagers.... not on my watch...will not happen--go for the bracelet and use it to bribe some girl to date you...it may work)

As far as the rest of the field: Stacy, Judy, Amy, Sue, Tricia, and Tina (yeah, hey, Mrs. Sarge aka "Miss Congeniality" is back in the hunt, any and all comments from her will be greatly appreciated--still waiting on one, both or all of the Ponds to jump back into the mix.) all get their solid two points.  Had I instituted the extra credit rule sooner, many of you would have received extra points on top of those two points, Keep up the good work. And shoot for those extra points tomorrow.

Jane, nice answers, but in order to get some points, you really do have to answer the actual questions I ask. Frankly, because I think you already own all of the prizes on the list except the Long Islands, you can just keep making me laugh by providing your own special answers. I just may have to create a new category for you and possibly John Heinzmann who is quite the theologian. Keep the comments coming.

Typhoon Pete, I no longer feel badly about the fact that the college fund would most likely have run out well before you finished your alotted four years of undergrad. I am confident that we can use any of the money that may have come your way to assist Jack or Nate with Med school as you obviously will be following a very different "life plan" which does not involve higher education. Moreover, your obtuse and incomplete answers explain oh so very much.  Good Luck with that career as a "rapper/street performer/UFC fighter".  I'm sure your father will be very proud.

OK, here are tonight's questions:
  1. How many children did King Rehoboam have? (for those who don't know, this is the Holy question)
  2. Who is the Kenosha native that was listed on the International Best Dressed list several years ago? (hint: it is not Jane McTernan or Al Molinaro)
Now let's see who is the master....Good luck and God Speed to all

Too tired for Today's Top Ten--and way too hard to come up with 10 great things EVERY single day, however, right now, as we speak there is a size 42 Hickey Freeman tweed trench coat on sale on gilt.com that somebody better buy because it's like 90% off. I was thinking about buying it for Pete, but given his new career path, it seems like a waste.

37 comments:

  1. Now I know what kareem felt like when they banned dunking. Sorry for having tigerblood. I'm still playing for the love of the game and America, and now a jcrew giftcard.

    Rehoboam had 28 sons and 60 daughters, so 88 kids total.

    The Kenosha native that was on international best dressed list I'm guessing was Mark Ruffalo because he's the only famous person I can think of. I think Dwayne "Yung Savage" Brantley is on the 2011 list though and he's kinda from Kenosha too.

    Typhoon, let's take these old folks to Chinatown. Bingage

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) King Rehoboam had one son, Abijah.

    2) Vito Pascucci was on the International Best Dresed List.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I have been checking every quarter hour to get the next questions. Grace has been begging me to go upstairs with her since 9pm. Well I'm glad I stayed up.
    Rehoboam the son of Solomon( the first ruler of the Southern Kingdom Of Judah) acceded to the throne at the age of 41. He had 18 wives and 60 concubines. Together they bore him 28 sons and 60 daughters.

    Damn Chris beat me!!!!

    Daniel J Travanti best dressed list

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correction: Rehoboam did have 28 sons and 60 daughters.. I looked it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vito pascuci.

    As for children, let's just say more than me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not sure about the first one and am not going to google it. However...the second one is without doubt Posey McKeon. I'll be by to pick up my tea tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. correction, the international best dressed cat from kenosha is Vito "the Ladykiller" Pascuci, congrats Vito. and jpulera, i almost made the same mistake, apparently you can't trust answers.com like wikipedia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane...did you steal my "Vito" answer?

    Laurie....honestly...I didn't even have to look up the answer to the Kenoshan that was on the International Best Dressed List!! I remembered that from years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay...2nd comment. Thought perhaps working late on Tuesdays I could actually beat Jamarcus to the punch, but so not the case.

    King Rehoboam had 28 sons and 60 daughters and 18 wives. Before I saw the number of wives, I was thinking "Holy stretch marks", but instead I discovered that he put those 88 kids through college with all of the taxes he charged his kingdom.

    Kenosha native on the International Best Dressed List I would have to also 2nd Jamarcus in saying that Mark Ruffalo seems to be the logical choice. It seems he is better at maintaining his style then restaurant management anyway.

    p.s. Laurie, with all of this "Holiness" you are reminding me of the required credits of theology at Marquette. After the book deal, you can create your own religious trivia game - top 10 seller for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Jamarcus...I did get stumped there for a moment over the number of children. When i first read your number...I thought you were being funny...so I went back and double checked and you were right!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laurie - either you moved to a new time zone, or you need to ask mike to change your clock on your computer.

    Tomorrow's answers are as follows:

    The men at the dinner table are disciples.
    The Hermes cuff is known as the collier de chien.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vito Paccuci and Judy I totally took your answer. Damn you beat me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. double correction, for his great work in the music industry and his suave look, Vito was called Vito "Wild Sax" Pascucci.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still looking for Louis....where are you Louis?? Jamarcus...where is your buddy??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Motherload, I will create some traffic for this blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you and your broken clock love me more now and we can go eat at poe's with all of my friends in a booth for two

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's okay Kim...whatever it takes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Apparently, I am too long winded because when I opened the blog, Chris was the only comment and by the time I posted - beat by many. Guess I am going to lean on Judy Pulera's and Jane's fashion sense and correct my International Best Dressed list Kenosha Native as Vito Pascuci. Thanks for the tip ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Here's more traffic: do you know Deja Blue water? okay well don't even think about that because that has nothing to do with what I'm about to say...

    ReplyDelete
  20. what i'm saying is that this blog already has one more follower thanks to my tweeple. tweet tweet

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am not sure about #1...but #2 has to be Posey. I'll be by to grab that tea whenever. #tigerblood

    ReplyDelete
  22. By the way Laurie, while you were on your blog hiatus, I lost my therapy/stress relief and now, have had to turn to alcohol. Hence the reason for wanting the Long Island's. Now, as my sponsor you need to bring me around with the laughter therapy of this blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Laurie, if I am lucky enough to make it to the end can I request a gift??? There was a fabulous shearling coat that I have forever regretted not buying when I was in Scotland a long time ago( I believe before the earths crust cooled). Or possibly a very yummy Scot in a kilt. I'm sure Chuck wouldn't mind!!!
    I gotta tell you this is the most fun I've had in a long time. I probably shouldn't admit that. I really need to get out more!!! By the way Jamarcus/Chris Mckeon I am laying down the gauntlet!!! Game on, Baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. rumor is that 3-time super bowl champ Michael Irvin wore the #88 in honor of king rehoboam's children.

    As far as the best dressed list look no further than the long island master, Sir Dave McKeon Duke of Carol Beach

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jpulera, I'M BACK!

    Don't fret, I'm back and ready to tango. I'd like to formally apologize for missing the first couple of days of this competition, I was just really busy campaigning (and losing, sorry I'm not sorry people are jealous of me), studying, and well, partying (in that order of importance of course).

    I'm definitely mucho interested in this competition, God knows I love me some JCrew. Or the Tiffany's bracelet, honestly my poor mother needs something to console her for the lack of a beautiful Burberry scarf to love and to hold. And Mrs. McKeon, real talk, if Jamarcus ends up winning and is playing for "the love of the game", or pride and America... I'd be more than willing to take the iced teas out of your hands. I'd promise to keep them away from you-know-who too. Think about it.

    Now to answer the questions;
    #1 - He had 88 kids (60 daughters and 28 sons)... to which I have to say 1) someone clearly had too much time on their hands and no tv/computers/crackberries, 2) someone was pregnant, like a lot (God Bless her soul), and 3) what a bro.
    #2 - Vito Pascucci... I know this because I can read, yay me.

    There you go. I'm officially back, baby, and ready to dominate. Let's go.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Since it has been awhile that I had a post for this blog, I forgot my password to post a message and my well crafted prose went to the Sh**er.
    So here it goes again: that King guy had 88 kids. Good for him. Vito Pascucci was voted to the worlds best dressed list. I stole those. I will pride myself to know the minutia of insignificant information, excluding the Religious questions as I won't even pretend.
    What I tried to so eloquently state in my previous response was that I refuse to Wikapedia and or Google any of the trivia questions. I sure as hell won't know those fancy schmancy Religious questions as I was edumencated in the public school system and that is why our children are at Catholic Schools. I seriously have not finished reading the first blog about this contest as I refuse to try and read this from my Blackberry and my work laptop deems this blog site unworthy and Sara was not offering up her iPhone, so I have to wait until the family computer is free...which is 12:00AM. Scott Kardashian's girlfriend is still haunting me as I can picture her but can't think of her name and until now refused to read any of the comments. So now I will read the first entry for the contest. I wanna win.....

    ReplyDelete
  27. 1) 88 children
    2)Vito Pascucci

    Please note how early I am posting and tell me there are extra credit points for sympathy! That baby boy of mine (the one who rarely peeps) has decided the middle of the night is a fine time to be up. He's been laughing, squealing and kicking for 2 hours and I'm beyond exhausted. Good thing he's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Rehoboam, King of Judah, like his father, Solomon,loved many women. He had 18 wives and 60 concubines, 28 sons and 60 daughters. He loved Maachah more than the rest, who was mother to Abijah, (Abijam) who Rehoboam intended to be heir of the throne. Seriously, out of 88 kids he had a favorite? Bet he couldn't name them all really fast. 18 wives??? 88 kids???? 60 mistresses--who was counting?

    The Kenosha native on the international best dressed list was Vito
    Pasucci.

    An aside here, Chip knew the Luminous mysteries and their day but I didn't believe him and looked them up anyway. Here is the really scary thing--he knew when the Great Papal Schism was too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. 1. King Rehoboam had 88 kids - 28 sons and 60 daughters. Royal watchers and papparazi tried to document the antics of the king's offspring, but without computers it was too much work.

    2. Vito Pascucci was on the best dressed list - and not surprising, he was very fancy, if you know what I mean.

    Little known fact: The later you post your blog, the more hits you get as there is a Holy War being waged against Jamarcus!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Laurie...how did you come up with the International Best Dressed question since you are not from Kenosha?...it was a great trivia question.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I agree with Stacy - what is Jamarcus' deal? Does that kid ever sleep? I tried oh so hard to stay up last night waiting for the two new questions but was out like a light before 10:00 :( What can I say I'm old. Anyways........

    1. Rehoboam married Mahalath, who was the daughter of David’s son Jerimoth and of Abihail, the daughter of Jesse’s son Eliab.
    She bore him sons: Jeush, Shemariah and Zaham.
    Then he married Maacah daughter of Absalom, who bore him Abijah, Attai, Ziza and Shelomith.
    Rehoboam loved Maacah daughter of Absalom more than any of his other wives and concubines. In all, he had eighteen wives and sixty concubines, twenty-eight sons and sixty daughters.

    TOTAL of 88 kids.

    Abijah was his favorite since we all know that parents secretly do have a favorite. Please don't ask me who mine is as I'd have to sleep with one eye open from here on out.

    2. Hmm... Not to be a stickler but Vito Pascucci, president of G. Leblanc Corp., a Wisconsin-based manufacturer of musical instruments was named to the list of America's 10 best-dressed men for 1985, as selected by the Men's Fashion Guild of America. Is that really the VF International Best Dressed List? Come on, Kenosha? Maybe I'm spending too much time at Wal-Mart. I LOVE the emails with the "People of Wal-Mart" - I may even be in a picture or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. All I have to say is it is good to be king and that I find it hard to believe that anyone from K-Town could make any best dressed list. Think about it then look at this pic from Washington Pool Summer 2010. Sorry Brian, beat you too it. This pic is getting some mileage... :P

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1347544&l=4fac2fd7cc&id=1040267956

    ReplyDelete
  33. Man, what a great competition we have going. Sorry about posting the questions so late. Do you know how hard I had to think to come up with that Vito Pascucci one? Actually, not all that hard--sad to say, but these are the tidbits of info that stick in my head. Someone told me this factoid a few years ago, and of course, I basically remembered it (except Tricia is right, it was the American Best Dresses List--my mistake) Extra credit is running rampant tonight. I may have to award 10 points. Keep it up and look for today's questions sometime after 7 (which really means 8 Mckeon time...)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Here is Barb Clark's comment. She is getting the Kim Pechous papal dispensation until she can master the commentsection of the blog:

    "Ok, I still can’t figure out how to add a post or comment to your page – dah – but I have the answers – 88 children, (extra credit: 18 wives and 60 concubines) and Leon Pascucci of LeBlanc Musical Instruments fame made the best dressed list."

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hey Laurie...it's 10:55pm...anytime now you can post tonight's questions!!!!!

    ReplyDelete