Wednesday, April 16, 2014

TODAY'S TOXIC FIFTEEN are ready for Karla's votes (and yours, too)

I hope everyone got a chance to view the scoring charts.  Wheewww. Things are super tight. It's shaping up to be a real Lentertainment Battle Royale.  Judy and John are already throwing down in the comment section of the last post, and I must admit, I like their competitive spirit.  Lentertainment  "wasn't about winning or losing. It wasn't about words. The hysterical shouting was in tongues, like at a Pentecostal Church." (borrowed this quote from Fight Club--somehow it seemed appropriate) 
These next few days will determine who is the caption champ--and I think it's going to be a hard battle and a close race. I cannot wait to see what shakes out, and I may have to tweak the rules in the final round, just to separate the wheat from the chaff.  And to keep everyone motivated as we sprint to the finish line, I just want you to know that the prizes have been ordered. They are on their way to my home, arriving any day, beautifully wrapped and ready to be awarded to the Lentertainment winners.  That Tory Burch tote is mighty sweet, but the Sugarfina swag is even sweeter--I seriously could buy EVERY single gummy item they have available--and I pretty much did.  Also, check out these caramel robins eggs. 

 They are not only beautiful but very tasty. Think how AWESOME these would look in your Easter basket.  Oh, that's right. I already did.  You're welcome, McKeon children.  (who are we kidding? I will eat every one of those eggs.  My kids would rather have Reese's eggs all day long--which is great because all the more upscale candy for me…)   Always the value shopper (I honestly could barely type that sentence because it's such a HUGE lie during Holy Week), I had to buy a 5 lb box of the Sugarfina Swedish Fish for myself because it was such a total bargain. (compared to the $18 they charge for the 12.5oz box, that is) I cannot wait for these candies to arrive. Happy Lentetainment to me.  

Now, it's time to get the voting started for today's TOXIC FIFTEEN.  To refresh your recollection here is the photo:




Here are the TOP FIFTEEN (I couldn't decide…I really did try and I tried to talk Beth Matteucci into helping me pick, but she side stepped any part in this whole deal very adroitly) in no apparent order, just awaiting your important, important votes. 

This is where people who don't vote for Judy go.           Tricia

Dishwashing liquid? You're soaking in it.                         John

Great! Another reason for the city not to empty my trash can!!            Linda

"I'm melting....."             Marie

Kenny's skateboard and phone didn't make it out, but Kenny will be fine. Well… except for that dang third testicle…    Stacy

Suzie tried desperately to cover up her Pinterest DIY gone wrong, (terribly wrong). "It's those damn frackers!" she proclaimed.           Jan

I warned the new mascot not to wash his leprechaun suit in hot water.           Ginny

Another SJCA Science Fair project gone awry.           Joann

"Is that Green Bay?"           John

Is this Kathleen Sebelius' driveway?      Jessica 

WARNING: No Swimming, No Fishing                      Judy

Cannonball man has landed.                         Rob

That ain't just pee in there…..                  Sue E

John has set a trap for Karla.                  Rob

It was the first time in years they had reached a unanimous agreement, but at that very moment they all decided to skip the split pea soup.                    Marie

Ok, you all know what to do.  You have until 3pm tomorrow to vote.    Don't make me have to crack down on the rules this late in the game--honor system, people. This is the second to the last photo. I will be monitoring the voting closely and will devote full and complete attention to Lentertainment for the next several days.  I want to see quantity in voting, quality in comments and enormous effort in the quest for extra credit.  If you haven't figured it out by now, I will clue you in: magnanimous gestures and witty repartee in regard to voting usually get rewarded with large extra credit. Start spreading some love and laughs, and good things will come your way.  (like a 5 lb box of the world's best Swedish fish--oh, wait, that's for me) 

 Get out the vote, share the post, do what you have to do to spread the LENTERTAINMENT!! 

312 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In lieu of the plethora of votes that will no doubt come Judy’s way and out of respect for the judges, here is ONE VOTE FOR JOHN. Congrats to you Judy for winning this voting segment by getting 2 whole votes. Karla, Happy Easter week to you. Hope you did not contract carpal tunnel syndrome over the past 30 plus days (yep I’m too lazy to actually figure out the specific day count.) Now to quote, I mean paraphrase Dick Gregory, “In most places in the country, voting is looked upon as a right and a duty, but in LENTERTAINMENT it's a sport.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. A moment for VENT-ERTAINMENT:

    Who ARE these Judy-voters? And how much spare time could they possibly have?? I honestly do not have one friend who would do that for me…

    So here is one vote for Stacy, hoping to get lumped in with all of the third place captioners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I would have had better captions, but I gave up my really hilarious lines for lent...

      Delete
    2. Jan - I liked yours too so here is a vote for you

      Delete
    3. Woo hoo!! *skips merrily away from the keyboard grinning, and wonders, "if this is how I feel, I can't imagine how Judy feels!!"

      Delete
    4. John had two great ones (and not just because he's my Bro) though I admit it took me a while to get the Dishwashing liquid caption.

      Delete
  5. Fondly recalling that this saga began when I was sufficiently weak-willed to be bribed into voting for the sake of a free donut, I cast my vote - nostalgically - for Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil. Next time, go all out and write in Lucifer on the ballot.
 ~ Jarod Kintz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ross Perot... I mean, Ron Paul... I mean John - no, just kidding. LINDA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda deserves a vote because life is hard for teachers when Internet is down at school all day....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda - because with this vote she is only 22 boys behind Judy .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *votes, not boys.
      (Thanks autocorrect)

      Delete
  10. I like boys better. Thanks, autocorrect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very glad you like boys better than votes.

      Delete
  11. I am starting out this round of voting with a vote for Rob in the hopes that he pulls out his wallet again and makes a donation for the Angel Walk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judy has nice friends so she should get some bonus points and a vote!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judy was rowing a boat in her basement this week. She needs bonus points and a vote!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The great and powerful JUDY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A nod to Rob and Tricia captions (very funny) but have to vote for Judy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I blinked and there are 200 more votes.... dude. Vote Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will throw Judy a vote only because Rob called me a "younger version of Judy". We should share views someday. You two look great in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or did I say a Judy was a younger version of Jessica? Vote for Jessica and Judy as they both either like me or dislike me now.

      Delete
  18. Rob. Because I kindly asked him to join this "Lentabulous" contest.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Myself. Because I'm not on "the facepage" and voting for myself is the only way I can get votes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too busy on MySpace. Vote for Jessica

      Delete
  20. Jessica (rabbit). Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A vote for my dear friend Jessica. I'm sure your caption is funny but it's over my head. Someone needs to explain it to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best thing about Jessica's caption is the hanging apostrophe. I have no idea why but I love hanging apostrophes.

      Delete
  22. A vote for Rob cause he does the job.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rob, Rob, Rob, Lents almost over, Rob, Rob, Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jessica. Judy must be really rich to pay off all those voters. This vote is for poor Jessica....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was rich I would just go and purchase my own Tory Burch.....lol!

      Delete
    2. We are richer just for knowing Judy! Another for Judy!

      Delete
  25. A vote for Rob. I can't wait for the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm guessing Karla has every outfit memorized in the 2014 McKeon Christmas card since the picture shows after every vote. Vote for Rob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do!!!! At the end of Lentertainment they are all going into the yellow hole never to be seen again! Vote for Judy!

      Delete
  27. Rob, Rob, Rob, 80,000 views, Rob, Rob, Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Robert, rObert, roBert, robErt, robeRt, roberT

    ReplyDelete
  29. a vote for Tricia because she's super funny but doesn't get many votes.

    ReplyDelete
  30. A vote for our super cute (I'm only quoting Jessica's sister), super smart, super funny, and super prompt blogger Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  31. A vote for Kathleen Sebelius driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  32. A vote for my Fancy Dog. Laurie, ask Jean someday how much she loves Fancy Dog.

    ReplyDelete
  33. A vote for Jessica. True story, I once tried to talk Jessica to go out naked on her hotel balcony and wave to me. (it's really not as bad as it sounds)

    ReplyDelete
  34. A vote for Rob. Another true story, 41 years ago this week I had surgery to remove a wood sliver from my butt. The school principal and gym teacher failed on pulling out the sliver.

    ReplyDelete
  35. A vote for Rob...more true stories, I once got lost pulling a high school float from the Spot to St. Joe's.

    ReplyDelete
  36. A vote for Rob is a vote for another true story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Rob. Just want your money for the walk. This is a vote for Judy.

      Delete
  37. I have received no remuneration for my vote from Judy

    ReplyDelete
  38. If we had received remuneration for votes for Judy we would be rich

    ReplyDelete
  39. The Schools Sisters of Notre Dame cast their vote for Judy

    ReplyDelete
  40. Last vote of the night for Judy from me

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm kneeling while voting for extra penance while voting for Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  42. JUDY!!!!!! We need to save Laurie from her fabric softener! Think of all the chemicals that she is inhaling! She needs NORWEX!!!!!!!!! By the way, this is a vote for Judy who has eliminated chemicals from her cleaning world not her beauty world!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Rob, Rob, Rob, Carleton College, Rob, Rob, Rob

    ReplyDelete
  44. Rob, Rob, Rob, Wash U, Rob, Rob, Rob

    ReplyDelete