Sunday, April 13, 2014

LATE BUT TRULY GREAT TOP TEN!--exercise your right to vote.

I apologize for not getting the Top Ten up sooner.  It's been a hectic week, and then we decided kind of on the spur of the moment to head to Notre Dame for the Blue-Gold Spring Game.  We put together a hasty tailgate and spent the day rooting on the Irish and the Irish.  It was very much fun, but did not leave me much time to choose the Top Ten from the last great crop of captions. Although I am a bit troubled, but not really surprised, by how quickly this contest devolves…(I had not anticipated quite so many  "romantic" references between man and poodle. I blame myself)

As I said, we kind of decided last minute to attend the Spring Game.  We haven't been in several years, mostly because Spring tennis season interfered, and Spring weather is so dicey…but the weather forecast was beautiful, and the college shids were up for it, so we made a last minute call to the South Bend KFC  (300 chicken strips along with the world's most random sides, and a crap ton of gravy ??!), stocked up on the Long Island supplies  (25 gallons were consumed in less than 2 hrs--new record I am afraid),  baked (with Posey's help) a bunch of cookies and cupcakes, loaded the car and took off at 6am.  We were set up before 10am EST, and once old Christopher arrived with the chicken, the party really started.  Interestingly, there were not too many tailgates going on in the Joyce lot yesterday. There were a few amateurs trying to make things happen, but not much of a crowd….except surrounding our  vehicle.  The game was at 12:30pm and we ran out of every thing, which makes clean up so much easier.  Here are a few photo highlights:










And this guy-- who sat a few rows ahead of us…I took this picture and sent it to all of my kids with the caption: "Make good decisions"… But, I'm not going to lie.  I admire his commitment as a fan.



OK, now that you've seen the reason why this TOP TEN is so late, I will continue with the Lentertainment…though Mr. ND Tattoo is pretty Lentertaining himself.

I really liked the poodle photo, and the resigned look on that guy's face.  I truly did not think they were on a date… most of you begged to differ.  As a little reminder, here is the priceless poodle twin photo:



There were many, many hilarious captions. I've narrowed them down to TEN, but I have to say, my favorite comment of all was from Jan:

"I just censored myself. I have nothing."
ReplyDelete
Replies
  1. …but it rhymed with poodles in pussy hats.
    Delete
 For some reason, this whole little stream just cracked me up.  Pure  Lentertainment. 

Menage a paw                     Joann

Cock and poodle deux!              Kiki

Party's over b*tches - get home.             Tricia

This is what the Common Core did to Dante's "Inferno"                Marie
(Editor's Note: I really love this one) 

Please change everything about me!               Jessica
(Editor's note: This really doesn't even have anything to do with the photo, but it makes me laugh. I fear Jessica and I think way too much alike) 

"This office party was wild. I don't remember a thing. Gigi, did I hump the Boss' leg?"      Judy
(very, very funny) 

"He is so getting road mapped when he falls asleep!"                    Linda

First dates are awkward enough, it didn't help her mom tagged along.    Rob

You know, 46 years ago I would have insisted we get German Shepherd puppies.            Stacy

The double dog dare was a bit out of his comfort zone.                         John

OK, because of the slight delay, we are a bit behind…Voting will close at noon tomorrow--that would be noon on Monday. I will score the "Biking Angels" tonight, and post up the score chart. You will vote incessantly for the next 22 hours…(this blog is closing in on 80,000 hits, and I really want to make that happen before Easter). Then tomorrow night, I will post up another photo, and we will rinse, wash and repeat one more time.  We are getting to the end of Lentertainment--only two more photos to go.  Thanks for the crazy laughs and keep it up for one more week. Soon we will separate the contenders from the pretenders.  Let's bring it home strong.  Massive voting begins…NOW…Lentertainment 2014--rock the vote. 

420 comments:

  1. First vote is for Judy because (1) I loved her boss caption, (2) attending SJCA Century Dinner, and (3) posing for a picture with me which I hope will make it to the blog some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me the photo and it WILL make it on the blog for sure.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Laurie, I will email you the picture. And thanks to everyone else on the blog that brought a ticket to the Century dinner or made a donation. We had another great year.

      Delete
    3. Rob....it was so great visiting with you last night....Blog friends rock!

      BIG VOTE FOR ROB! At least he knows me as the face behind the blog chatter. He knows that I don't bite.....at least hard!

      Delete
    4. Blog friends are the best friends. Sorry I missed it last night…glad things went well, though I wish I would have won the cash. These tailgate weekends don't come cheap.

      Delete
  2. Okay, politeness over and gloves come off. Today is John's day. Vote John

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wished more things rhymed with John

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, John, John, Andrew Walk, John, John, John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karla, vote 5 times for John and I'll donate another $25 for Awesome Andrew's Walk. That's $5 a vote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. John, John, John, The Masters, John, John, John

    ReplyDelete
  7. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjoooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. John, John, John, where's spring, John, John, John

    ReplyDelete
  9. I double dare you to vote for John

    ReplyDelete
  10. Getting closer to 80K with a vote for John

    ReplyDelete
  11. John, John, John, John, visit Awesome Andrew's Walk Website, John, John, John, John

    ReplyDelete
  12. John, John, John, John, Andrew, John, John, John, John

    ReplyDelete
  13. JJJJJJJJJJJJJJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could be doing yard work but the leaves can wait as John needs votes

    ReplyDelete
  15. uh oh...John's got competition from someone named Judy. Is she new to the blog? Vote for John

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do the right thing, vote for John.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Paul, is that you :) ?? Vote for John, Judy won't be mad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jjjjjuuuuuuuuudddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  19. John, get out here...Judy friends are coming to life. Vote John

    ReplyDelete
  20. john john john JOHN john john john

    ReplyDelete
  21. Vote John...you were in first for a while but I fear the Judy votes awoke.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Time for chores but I'll be back. vote John (even you karla)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Little known fact, I have a poodle as seen in my profile picture. Jessica has named her Fancy Dog but we normally just call her Sadie though 'you dummy' gets used a lot too. Sadie was none to pleased with the captions but she does vote for John.

    ReplyDelete
  24. my vote has four letters and begins with J. Last clue it's not Judy (nothing personal) but the vote is for John.

    ReplyDelete
  25. John, John, John, Bubba Watson, John, John, John

    ReplyDelete
  26. John, John, John, What happened to Spring, John, John, John

    ReplyDelete
  27. John, John, John, the Masters, John, John, John

    ReplyDelete
  28. Judy. What was the mention of cookies ??

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm back!!! This is painful but the cause is good....a vote for John

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am getting this out of the way...a second vote for john

    ReplyDelete
  31. Pull out your wallet, ROB!!!!!! #5 John

    ReplyDelete
  32. Time to get some poodles in the new holiday family Easter card...Judy

    ReplyDelete
  33. another vote from EM for judy!

    ReplyDelete
  34. We are keeping the Judy votes going...

    ReplyDelete
  35. John where are you? John? Tricia? Vote for John

    ReplyDelete
  36. John, John, John, 80,000 John, John, John

    ReplyDelete
  37. My last verification word was Moses...very fitting. A vote for Judy

    ReplyDelete
  38. John, John, John, Notre Dame, John, John, John

    ReplyDelete
  39. There is a Montemurro on the ND campus....if only they knew of the tail gaiting party.....Here is a Judy vote

    ReplyDelete