Thursday, December 16, 2010

ONLY A FEW HOURS LEFT!!!

Okay, people we are down to the final few hours. Who's it going to be? It's up to you, up to me and up to the voters. WOW! talk about your full fledged pressure. Again, the voting officially stops at midnight CENTRAL time. Then I will spend all night tallying votes, comments, weight loss, attitude, cleverness, human interest, and every other permutation and combination (kind of like the BSC formula) and declare a winner!!

Just a few reflections on the competition that started WAY back in November To recap:
  • The competition was started so that I would have a support group while I tried to lose 10 pounds by Christmas.
  • I had the additional motivation of getting a ton of followers and hits to the blog  
  • No one was all that interested in joining my Fit Club until I threw in a big, fancy, cashmere bribe.
  • Once the Burberry came on board, it was all "Game On"
  • Over twenty fine competitors staked their claim in the Challenge- 
  • Some of you are FIERCE competitors
  • Some of you not so much
  • Some of you know a ton about protein, weight loss, weight lifting, diets....
  • Some not so much
  • Some of you are VERY nice and actually super supportive people
  • Some of you are not so much
  • Some people actually lost weight
  • Some not so much
  • Some of you started out strong and then kind of fizzled out (oh wait, that's me....)
  • Kristi Ambro's red velvet cupcakes are worth being fat
  • Nora Nickels coached Wendy Nickels into becoming a commenting champ
  • Jeannie has a twenty three pound baby!!
  • Casey loves the Christmas cookies, but still lost weight
  • Sara Pond loves Tosh.0
  • Amy Davidson had one good day on the blog, then must have found another source for the scarf
  • Her life coach Jane McTernan is still drinking black coffee and eating undressed lettuce
  • Frank came out strong and then dropped off the face of the blog....What's up with that, New York?
  • Kevin Moyer got the boot for being too skinny
  • Kevin Moyer got Cheryl's cookies from the Fit Club Commissioner
  • Angela has a husband in Afghanistan that she BARELY ever mentioned....
  • He is coming home in just two weeks
  • Angela needs the scarf to complete her "Brendan's coming Home Outfit"
  • Angela's 2 year old can use an Ipad, yet many many followers never figured out how to post a comment
  • Angela's nanny Meg is earning her keep by voting every chance she gets
  • Katey has a "Safe Food List", (which she never did actually share) and a HUGE guilt complex about Angela's husband
  • Emily is running a half marathon....again
  • Emily is a good sister to Angela
  • Judy Pulera promised to wear the scarf to Boot Camp if she wins it
  • Judy Pulera's husband is an awesome voter
  • The Pulera sons are turning out just like their dad
  • Cheryl Parise loves her date nights and still owes me some jam
  • Louis lost the most weight---yeahhh!!
  • Louis also had the chippiest attitude---booo!!
  • Louis wants the scarf for his mom---yeahhh!
  • Louis is Maggie Nickels BFF
  • Maggie Nickels is vaccinating ninos in Mexico 
  • Maggie is NOT nor ever has been a gordita
  • Maggie is rooming with a Bible thumping, Jesus loving sophomore (not that there's anything wrong with that...)
  • FF Pond had the best name
  • FF Pond kissed Sarah Palin--said kiss is on the YouTube
  • FF Pond eats the free donuts
  • Stephanie Chirbas lost 8 pounds but could never figure out how to post a comment
  • Barb Clark had many snarky comments but couldn't get them to show up on the blog
  • Larry Sanchez and his life partner Balthazaar Fleming are busy crocheting their own pot holders for their friends and family for Christmas
  • Meg is making me a purse!!
  • Sue Chiappetta sandbagged for the entire competition until last week (nicely played), but has an enormous vocabulary
  • Jamarcus McKeon better make the Dean's List
  • Tina Lampe wins Miss Congeniality
  • Dave McKeon is not a pussy--just ask him, but Tom ("The New Face of Uggs") Brady is
  • I got 10,500 hits!!!
  • The Burberry Fit Club winner will be unveiled in less that twelve hours
You are one inch away from the finish line, Clubbers. Don't give up now. You can do it, I can do it, we can do it. Three hours to go....make them count.

Today's Top Ten:
  1. Tag Huer watches
  2. Stila Lip Gloss
  3. Sweets of Lake Forest Toffee
  4. Prosecco Punch
  5. Advent Calendars with treats behind each day
  6. Citizens of Humanity Jeans
  7. Amy and Mark Parker's new baby
  8. Velvet Blazers
  9. Mrs. Passerelli--awesome seamstress
  10. Christmas Cookies
Have a great night and vote it up!

78 comments:

  1. Hey, I don't think I have ever been the first comment on the blog... Merry Christmas Laurie and happy counting. Looking forward to the announcement. Nice wrap up! I have to admit it has been a great stress relief... saved me some therapy. Go for it everyone... a little over 2 hours left to go and counting.

    A vote for Angela.... I also send a huge thank you to Brendan for serving our country and to you for staying strong and keeping his home together while he was gone. Enjoy this special moment with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A vote for Judy Pulera, goddess of fitness! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Vote for Emily... she may be down, but she's not out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie...it's been a blast! Thanks for the fun!! I feel like I know some of the bloggers without meeting them. Whatever the outcome....what a ride each day!

    Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mrssarge...Merry Xmas to you...maybe we can meet someday! A vote for mrssarge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok...she's going to bed now because she has bootcamp at 5:15am.

    1 vote for jpulera!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laurie, I have enjoyed reading your blog(usually Judy read it out loud to me). She was driving me nuts to keep voting for this scarf which I have no clue what a Burberry scarf is! Anyways..thanks for your hard work with the blog and good luck counting.

    1 FINAL VOTE FOR JPULERA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A FINAL VOTE FOR ANGELA!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo! Our baby received a top 10 mention and he won't even be here for a few more hours. That's impressive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thoroughly enjoyed those reflections, especially the comments after.

    Although I wil say, "chippiest attitude-booo!!"? Come on, give me some credit, I was just trying to keep things interesting. We all know a little satire and friendly competition is a lot more fun and exciting to read and partake in. Chippy attitude-no way. Funny guy-chyeah.

    I'd also like to say I fully supported this challenge before the prize (I believe?), so that should count for something, no?

    +1 Vote for Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'M ALIVE!!!! I apologize profusely for my absence ... I have been (as my mom said) touring Mexico without WiFi. And here I am checking this blog the INSTANT I get internet, even before I check my email (how's that for dedication Aunt Laurie?). I haven't gotten a chance to catch up on all the entries and comments yet but I am about to. I see Louis and I are new BFFS according to the reflexions...nice. I'd like to throw a vote out for Louis since I see he has voted for me. Except I think the voting is over with...oops. Are we still doing diet tips?? How about this one: live on the beach in Cancun and eat only cereal, ramen, tuna, and bananas. Unfortunately I don't feel like I've lost any of my Mexican gained weight though. But I did run five miles, and a Burberry scarf would look great with my tan.

    Merry Christmas everyone!! Peace, Love, and The Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tip #45: Plan a trip to Cancun during the holiday season. Gotta look good (and avoid the fatty temptations) to impress the ladies.

    And one more vote for mrssarge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm also not sure if we're supposed to report our final stats on this post or the next, so here goes (just in case);

    - My mile time is down about 40 seconds or from when this started; huge.
    - Down 16 lbs for the challenge: also legit.
    - Making it a point to lift a lot more than before: huger.

    I'd say a pretty successful run, eh?

    Also, one more vote for Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And thanks a lot, Mrs. McKeon, for giving me another site to add to my bookmarks and procrastinate on during finals week, haha. But seriously, it provided some good comedic relief and was really entertaining.

    Book Deal soon?... not gonna not.

    And one more vote for mrssarge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I look forward to reading your blog EVERY day. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you & yours.

    Love ya,JoAnn

    ReplyDelete